Negotiations electric company and Sparta....

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by NRA LIFER, Jul 19, 2016.

1. NRA LIFER

NRA LIFER Member

I hear negotiations between Sparta and Egyptian electric company are at a standstill. About $350,000 delinquent on electric bill.

Will electric be there for the whole week?

2. I thought Prairie State provided the electric to that part of the state?

3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

If I were the Financial adviser for Egyptian Electric, I would disconnect Electric Immeaditly, to keep my job Integrity, and keep our Corp. Solvent

GB..............................DLS

4. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Active Member

Why would the electric company want to negotiate after the fact? Seems to me that any valid negotiation with the electric provider would have taken place prior to contracting with them for service.

WL

Roger Coveleskie, wpt and Family Guy like this.
  5. John

John Member

I hear it's a bogus bill!!! What's to negotiate???

6. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  7. NRA LIFER

NRA LIFER Member

Ha Ha looks like a standstill to me. The bill keeps getting higher. Nothing being paid. Hey John.....every forum needs an idiot. Great to have volunteers. Ha Ha Ha Ha

8. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

OOPS! HB brings the facts and "john" shuts up.

9. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

My post wasn't to snub John. It was merely to state that the WSRC invoices are real and that anyone can submit a FOIA Request to the Illinois government for these documents in only minutes. I confirmed their authenticity for myself because as was already pointed out . . . . I want the facts . . . . I'm not a big fan of rumor and fiction.

I wouldn't call it a standstill. A standstill is no movement. The delinquent payment $ figure and electric usage at the WSRC continues to move in an ascending direction.

HB

dr.longshot and John like this.
  10. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Personally, If I were a stock holder in EEEC there would be major problems not to mention services would of been eliminated at the facility a long time ago ... The State obviously feels they are above the law when it comes to paying bills on time or even eventually so it seems ... They quit sending out renewal forms for registrations on cars but the real estate tax bills are right on time, with considerable increases applied ... The bills from EEEC are real and have been confirmed by Kenny Ray's request and their response to him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  11. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

WPT,

Somehow I doubt that the stock holders are even aware of this huge bill hanging over the head of the World Shooting Complex.

I often have wondered what other electric providers throughout Illinois who have IDNR bills in arrears have done to collect (If anything). This cannot be the only State Park with delinquent electric bills.

12. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have stock in a few select company's and I monitor them almost on a daily basis, I cannot imagine most of the stock holders in EEEC would not be aware of the company's operation especially once it gets to this point ... This would be exceptionally bad business practices on be half of the Company and the stock holders ... There have been times I do not open the Quarterly reports only because I do not want to know but that does not happen very often ... This will be interesting to see how this turns out and who is held accountable for the bill being paid being as the State of Illinois does not even acknowledge its existence ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  13. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Most things in life are negotiable, and I would almost bet that the bill will be reduced or relegated to some form of payment plan.

Since utilities are regulated by the State, caution may prevail. We shall see.

Regards....Gerald