Near Collapse of Sparta and IDNR's WSRC a Sign?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Christian One, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Christian One

Christian One Member

With only 1,700 or so shooters in the GAH, is this a sign? Are the stars aligned for a major change or a predicted collapse?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Not for nothing, but I just ran the total attendance/ entry numbers off the the OFFICIAL ATA web site and it appears there were even less than I got when I tabulated them the first time based on numbers I was given from a friend who was at the grand ... (Might of been this damn WalMart calculator)...
    The OFFICIAL ATA Web site :
    Total number of entry's : 28,192 total entry's in all event's not counting ( the 20 gauge, 28 gauge, and International event's ... These numbers are not posted .)

28,192 entry's @$3.00 per to the IDNR = $84,576.00 .... This would be plus what ever the ATA paid for control of the camping and utilities ...

NOTE : Not one event had 2,000 entry's, the so called claims of 15,000 to 30,000 that was broadcast on the local television station was grossly over stated ... (new math maybe)...

I seriously doubt anyone would consider this to be moving in a "Fantastic Direction" , unless they were on mind altering medication, drugs or both ... The State of Illinois obviously had to protect them self from any more financial distress (disaster) by passing the costs along to the renter and its many sponsors , though those totals have not been posted or made public information so only those who need to know would have that information as of now ... This is truly SAD that the worlds biggest trap shoot cannot ROCK THE HOUSE and fill the place unless maybe the members have have and heard enough of the BS and are growing tired of supporting the ED, EC, and some of the BOD and their agenda's that are not favorable to the membership and the betterment of trapshooting ... The ATA no doubt made money, (how much is any body's guess) but the State of Illinois cannot and probably will not continue to provide a facility for a two week party once a year at great cost to the tax payers of the State ... Some one is going to pay big time for this to happen ... You betcha goombowski ... WPT ... (YAC) ...