My Wife's 2020 Alberta Whitetail

Discussion in 'Hunters' Talk & Fish Tales -' started by Hasbeen, May 5, 2021.

1. Hasbeen

Hasbeen Well-Known Member

This was her second buck in her second season ever of hunting deer. No idea what it scored as we are into eating them not measuring them but for someone who has two bucks to her credit with less than 6 hours total sit time in the blind in 4 outings I'd say it's a trophy for the amount of effort put in....:p Deer was taken at under 20 yards with my Mossberg Patriot Revere in 270 Win.
    2264ece0-6818-4816-81bc-1f03a8132ff5.jpg 3a02b590-73cc-4a98-8b26-85c1be86c4a0.jpg 8461C25E-88D5-48E0-83CA-D4D3D6303D0B-L0-001.JPG

2. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Nice buck, looks cold from here. I have more fun hunting with someone else now than I do shooting something myself. Women make the best hunters because they are just naturally sneaky.

3. Hasbeen

Our rifle season runs Nov 1-30 and we usually have snow on the ground by then, sloughs and many of the shallower lakes frozen over and temps running as low as double digit Celsius minuses. Ya it's cold so we set up a portable ground blind and run a big buddy propane heater in it and of course you need to be dressed for it and keep your clothing dry. You just have to sneak in a little early and get everything going as quiet as possible and of course play the wind. It's a sight to see when you open one up on a cold day and watch the steam that comes out! Lol

History Seeker and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  4. Hasbeen

5. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

CAREFUL,,,, BRAD, NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A LADY HUNTING REMEMBER SHE IS GOING TO HAVE A GUN IN HER HANDS. ROGER C.

Hasbeen likes this.
  6. eric28

eric28 Member

Nice buck. Congratulations