My latest Skeet project (Not for sale)

Discussion in 'Skeeters Corner' started by Ernroe, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Ernroe

Ernroe Well-Known Member

Several tears ago I bought a standard weight 20 ga 1100 (12 ga frame) from an Estate sale. The gun was bought at a PX in Germany sometime in the mid to late 70's. The gun was in great condition and had not been shot very much. It had a 26" fixed skeet choke barrel with std vent rib. I put it in the safe and kind of forgot about until one day I was shooting Trap with a friend. He was using Remington Competition Model with the carbon fiber stock and forearm. That gave me the idea of putting this gun project together. I ordered the stock set from Remington and sent the barrel to Keen Sights in California with instructions to start the rib at 5/8" and adjust for a POI of 60/40. In about a month my project was complete. I shoot a high rib secondary to a neck fusion several years ago. The gun shoots as good as I can shoot it. Over the years I have had a love/hate relationship with the 1100 both 12 and 20. I loved the look and feel but they just did not fit me. My first bird gun was a Rem 11-48 12ga with 24" barrel cylinder bore. The Quail loved me and that gun and my dog hated us both. :) Now stay with me because I'm going to try uploading photos of the gun. I just stumbled across the site recently and was really pleased. It, this site, was sorely needed.
    Std 1100--1.JPG

Attached Files:

Escana and Family Guy like this.
  2. Chinook3

Chinook3 Member

Very nice!!! I would love to try her out!!

Chinook3

Family Guy likes this.
  3. Ernroe

Ernroe Well-Known Member

Thx, it is pleasure to shoot.

Family Guy and frogjump like this.
  4. frogjump

frogjump Active Member

It's beautiful.

Family Guy and Ernroe like this.
  5. 4andy10

4andy10 Active Member

Very nice!! I did something similar to my dads hunting 1100…sent 26”IC barrel to briley had em add thin wall chokes, lengthen forcing cone, then added the same stock set from Ken Rucker w/auto buster.. she’s such a pleasure to shoot and is the softest shootin stick I own, doesn’t really matter what I shoot thru it! Nice job and enjoy it! Keith

Family Guy and Ernroe like this.
  6. Shooter11

Shooter11 Isaiah 30:18

Looks good!!

7. 10 gauge Bob

10 gauge Bob Member

Great project! When I got into skeet 10 years ago after retiring, I started out with the 12 ga 1100 I bought in 1987 for shooting steel shot at waterfowl. I had acquired a skeet barrel for it over the years and I was really shooting it well. Then, I thought I could do better with an "upgraded" gun. Bought a Joel Etchen 687 and had it tubed, bought a tubed Kolar sporter and never shot either one as well as the 1100. Then I bought an 1100 20ga standard weight with a custom stock from a fellow skeeter and was finally shooting pretty good again. Unfortunately, that standard weight 20 broke ( barrel support block came off) and it is on its third visit with the gunsmith now. I just picked up a second standard weight 20, which is due to be delivered tomorrow. With 3/4 oz loads, those 1100 20's rock! With the custom stock and an old Remington forend cap weight, the gun weighs 8 lb 12 oz, which is just right for me. I'm hoping that Rem Arms decides to bring back the stndard weight 20. Parts are getting scarce.

8. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

Wood is good. Plastic???

9. Escana

Escana Member

Very cool, I’m sure it’s gonna a great shooter.