My Grandson who is a Marine Stationed in Japan

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, May 4, 2016.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

He likes to Trapshoot, but says they cannot shoot Trap on American Bases in Japan. They are not allowed to have or own Shotguns while in Japan. Even the Japanese Police do not carry guns, but do carry Batons. Their local Police precincts have weapons available when needed. During his enlistment he has been in Alaska where they shoot Trap on Base, and in Hawaai he has shot trap on base

Military Base Security are armed, and there are multiple arsenals available when the need arises.

He his wife and child arrived in the US on MATS flight which are free when space is available, sole transportation is on Noisy Transport Planes which have seating and benches and they furnish Blankets and pillows and they Lay on the floor. Some military guys have brought Hammocks which they hang up for sleeping. He showed me pictures of them in use on his plane.

Food is also provided in Brown Paper bags to eat, nothing extravagant.

I just got to meet his wife again after their wedding at my sons house, and my First Great Grand child Vance whom is 2 years old, he was very sleepy due to Time Lag. They got to sightsee while in Hawaii but it was night time, He did get to rent a car for approx. 6 hours during layover and Savor their Night Time before flight left at 3:00am to California, and the 5 hour flight to Rickenbacher Air Base in Columbus.

How many other members here have military Trapshooters w/similar experiences.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant..................................Dr.longshot

My son will be taking him Trapshooting this weekend. Shooting Sporting Clays at Sunbury Conservation Club.

Smokintom and sabcon like this.
  2. CcJake86

CcJake86 Member

Dr. Longshot I would like to take this opportunity to thank your grandson for his service. Without the sacrifice of men and women like him, and their families, I would not be able to do what I love everyday! If he could make it to the CC Sunday, I would be honored to pay for his targets.

3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Jake: Thank you I appreciate and thank you for the great Honor of Supporting our Military, I passed Your message to my Son and see if they can make it

With My Special Thanks, Thank You

Gary Bryant.............................Dr.longshot

4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Great person you have in your Grandson Doc !!!

Thank him for his service to us, his country.

dr.longshot likes this.
  5. dr.longshot

Jake he, his Wife and Son have been so busy visiting relatives he could not make it.

GB..........................................DLS

6. archangel

archangel Member Founding Member

My boy will be in Korea for a year. No guns are allowed, thus I'm taking possession of his bunch. God Bless all those that have and are serving. Mike

7. dr.longshot

My grandson and Family could not get a MATS Flight out of Ohio so had to fly on Commercial Airline to California to get to flights to Hawaai and Japan

God Bless you all and your Loved ones Gary
    GB,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DLS

8. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Gary this is my son and future daughter in law. US Army E-7 EOD Fort Campbell. 3 tours in Iraq and loves Trap and Skeet. And blowing stuff up !! 13165910_10107480833801015_6782098047377144050_n.jpg

9. dr.longshot

Fantastic Picture and Handsome son w/Pretty future wife, Congratulations Smokingtom

10. dr.longshot

Wedding Picture of my Grandson and his wife

Attached Files:

Smokintom likes this.
  11. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Thanks Gary.