Moulton Sausage Shoot ATA Points

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Moulton (Ohio) had 155 shooters for a sausage shoot a few days ago. How many points do they get? This is probably more than expected for the U.S. Open.

Not a bad winter crowd. Must have been some no shows.

Wasn't it ex President Wagner that said most shooters only participate to get the ATA points?

This quote from ATA President Wagner to OSTA President Cogan:

Jeff Wagner, then President of the ATA, tell me that the reason most shooters enter registered events is to accumulate All American points for recognition on an ATA All American Team .

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Rural Sportsman in Trexlertown PA had nearly 250 shooters at their annual New Years day money shoot. Included was free pork and 'kraut. No AA points awarded but around 15x the number of entries at a typical MS giant trapshoot event.

Only around seven 50 straights including ATA Clay target champion Bob Malmstedt and yours truly. A great day!

3. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

The subject of All American points and Trap Shooting interests me a lot and on that subject I was reading an article by Sean Hawley in the Jan./Feb. issue of the TrapShootingUSA magazine. According Sean's article of 31815 ATA shooters only 1021 actually shot enough targets and events to qualify for an ATA team, or roughly 3 per cent of all ATA shooters. So Jeff Wagner's words to Don Cogan don't only read hollow, he is full of shit. ( article chart is on page 14)

The insane notion that the average ATA trap shooter shoots for all american points is as correct as the build it and they will come insanity that was responsible for the Grand leaving Vandalia and moving to Sparta, Illinois. Brad Dysinger

4. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

What's left is a resurrection of the late Jimmy Robinson to make those All-American selections meaningful again!

History Seeker likes this.
  6. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I will never forget being invited to Jimmy's little white office across the driveway from the scoreboard to be interviewed at the Grand in 1958. Those were the days.

Dave Berlet

Michael McGee and History Seeker like this.
  7. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I have yet to meet a delegate that understands or cares about the ATA focusing on the 3%. I have yet to hear of a delegate that has the jimmies to stand up and be heard on the issue. Unfortunately Brad is preaching to the choir. It is a good sermon tho. More like one that should be held at a funeral. Death of the ATA.....directly caused by toxic leadership.