More gun control from Illinois

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Smithy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Announced today. Obama from the land of Illinois announced his executive gun control measures.

How much money are you idiots going to spend in Illinois? Why not just send donations straight to the politicians there. They could use the money to support more gun control.

2. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Active Member

History Seeker, wpt and Family Guy like this.
  3. greta cesario

greta cesario Well-Known Member

At least his realm will be over next year, it would be nice if some other changes could be made
    Every four years. We could decide that it would be feasible to do this.
    And.......start a new chapter in trapshooting and recovery .

Greta c

4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

FlaLagarto,

I sure wish the "King" would pay attention to the Constitution.

Hell, it seems as though our congressmen don't either by letting the "King" get away with all of these Executive decisions he makes.

Us PeeOns don't stand a chance any more.

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The King gets away with his actions because the Congress has no balls or enough man power to pull the plug , if he was white he would of been gone a long time ago ... The elected officials are out of touch and only in it for what they can get out of it and the hell with the people ... Hildabeast has committed more crimes than many convicted felons and is running for president, whats that tell you ..? Obama has done more to set back racial divides than anyone has in the past 50 years and that includes the muslims also ... I predict there will be blood in the streets before its all over, just a matter of time now ... Montel the Moron is calling for the National Guard to shoot the protesters in Oregon but he never said a word about shooting those who created civil unrest (RIOTS) in Ferguson, Mo. where it would of been justified ... If we the people do not do something soon, we are screwed big time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Smithy and LadyT like this.
  6. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

They all should be "zero". The reason for the three branches of government is to keep one from becoming a dictatorship.[​IMG]

7. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Maybe some posters from other states can explain to me, how did these orders change anything?

The local gun shows around me, had a deal in place with NYS, that they can rent out a table, whether the person is and FFL holder or not, but if there is a sale, a third party FFL on site did the transfer and back ground check before leaving with the gun.

The internet and face to face deals has been NYS law for a few years, it's really only a mild inconvenience, so is it a big deal where you folks live?

8. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Duff...I can only speak for myself.

I am not from NY. I don't care for NY gun laws. I don't like Illinois gun laws. I don't go to Illinois.
    I sold my top single last week without a background check. It was not to a terrorist.

A gun loving site might not be for you. Stay in NY.

Now that I agreed with Leonidas my life is complete.

9. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

You don't think we have legal guns in NYS?

I'm pretty sure, I'm still allowed to move about the country, without restrictions.

Come on up for the Empire Grand, it will be here before you know it.

10. Family Guy

Not sure what that means?
    I have shot in NY. I have to say today is the first time I heard of a trapshooter from NY proud of their gun laws. This conversation may be a game changer.

11. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

You seem to have a very unique ability to read one thing, then extrapolate to a totally different conclusion.

theloudone likes this.
  12. We voted for him to get him out of the State!! Just sayin...

13. Leonidas

Once and a while isn't all bad. :eek:

14. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Brother in Law lives in the country called New York. He said the gun laws there suck. I guess he would know,he`s lived there his entire life.

15. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I no longer go to Maryland, I lived there for 8 years and loved the Eastern Shore, great hunting but I felt like I had to get out when my kids got into the school system in Cambridge. Maryland's gun laws are as bad as NY or Illinois. I think California's are only state that's worse. Buf the way dufficus I've shot trap in all the states I mentioned but no more, I don't feel welcome so I'll spend my money elsewhere. I just wish all gun owners would boycott states that don't want us.

It looks to me that the best thing to come out of New York is Donald Trump. Go Trump. Brad

16. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

There's almost 2 million gun owners in the state of NY, don't be confused by the downstate haters. There's NYC, then the rest of us.

17. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

The gun owners of NY are the on the front line of the cause of gun ownership. We spend money to fight every control measure that comes up. It would be nice to have a little support from the rest of the country, or these laws will come to a state near you, sooner or later.

Here's a good read: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/23/gun-group-cites-low-compliance/29193905/

Just because down state liberal progressives make laws, doesn't mean the upstate rural republicans will follow them.

Thank you in advance for your support.

18. Leonidas

duffkn06,

You would think that someone who owns a hunt club and has made thousands shooting would at least vocally support any kind of 2nd amendment rights regardless of what State is being discussed.

duffkjs06 likes this.
  19. Family Guy

Duff you Obama lover and NY gun law lover......don't try escaping your previous post. Now members can see why mods don't let us erase posts.

That was the post from above when you were defending the Obama and the NY gun laws. Sucks to have that post on your sleeve. Hard to believe you are on a gun site.

20. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

Can you please point out, where in that post you are quoting, do you get the idea I'm an Obama lover and/or a NY SAFE Act lover?

NY gun owners, have been begging for national help in defeating these laws here, to no avail. Although the NRA did spend some money, they only bet on the sure candidates. Now the rest of the country gets to deal with the same nonsense, because most of your type decide it's best to ignore or boycott the "gun hating" states, never thinking it will never come to yours.

Maybe some of the other posters can let me know if that is the meaning they got out of the quote the guy is quoting?

21. IAShooter

IAShooter Member

Duff
    You did defend the NY laws by saying it is only a mild inconvenience. It is quoted correctly. Just my 02.

Ask the mod if you can erase it.

22. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

I don't need or want it erased.

I was simply saying, what Obama declared, has already been in effect in NY, as it turns out those laws didn't stop one person in NY from buying a gun they wanted for legal purposes, let alone what the criminals do.

And, because I don't know the laws of every state, I was asking if the executive orders were any kind of issue or no big deal, because of already existing law.

23. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

And look what you have done!

24. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Leonidas, If you live in a state that allows gun control to run amuck you need to fix your own house. I spend my time making sure that here in Ohio we have our gun rights. I'm on Sen. Rob Portman's outdoor/gun owners committe again this year and have been since his first campaign for Senate. I attended the republican convention in 96. I've spoken to the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus in DC more than once. I talk with state representatives, congressman, outdoor writers and state politicians and government bureaucrats way more than I like to. I've also been on the County Soil and Water District board and I am currently on the County Park Board. I've written newspaper articles and magazine articles speaking up for guns and hunting.

You on the other hand I don't know anything about other than your remarks about trap shooting which border on idiocy most of the time. And that you have a delusional hatred of Ohio. So, I'd ask you what in the hell have you done for gun ownership in your state wherever that is? But you are right about me owning a hunt club (twenty years) and winning hundreds of thousands of dollars trap shooting? I just wish I knew how much of that was yours which could explain your delusions.

Duffkjs06, the internet is a wonderful tool, you can use it to gain knowledge but only if you listen. I'm going to give you a pass because you are too young to know anything. Like hunter44 before you need to listen and don't talk. It is best for people to think you are a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. Listen to the OLD guys, they've probably already did everything you are dreaming of at least once.

Brad

wpt likes this.
  25. Leonidas

Brad, the gun control issues are also national ones, not only a State issue. Any boycott because of unfavorable gun law does nothing but help the anti-gun lobby win in that State.
    They know the can't achieve their goal of a total ban all at once so they just chip away where ever they can. You seem like an intelligent guy, I'm surprised you haven't figured that out. All of our States need all the support we can give them including keeping the numbers up in all of the shooting sports.

None of your winning were from my pocket.

Plus I do not hate Ohio or any of it's shooters. I do think there are several that have their head up their ass with their hatred and childish remarks when someone doesn't kiss their ass.

The CC is still on my bucket list.

26. Family Guy

Leonidas....the perfect example of why you should pay attention to the forum. You may not have made that statement.

A felon by the name of Blagojevich sold southern Illinois a false bill of goods. For their votes he promised a shooting venue. Once he got the votes he gutted the IDNR. A few days after the opening ceremony at the WSRC he promptly went to the state capitol in Illinois and gave his biggest anti gun speech.

It was the trapshooters in Illinois that gave the felon money and votes to be a corrupt governor in the corrupt state of Illinois. The politician took the ATA money and used it against them.

27. Leonidas

You're not making any sense FG.

28. Family Guy

What is hard about understanding the history of the wsrc? What about that do you dispute?