Monica says "Glad things are working out."

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Why doesn't anyone else see some red flags here? Or is it that no one cares.

The EC pins everything about our sport and our so called flag ship shoot on hope....hoping that Monica, that has never registered a target, understands.

In the meeting below Monica seems to be representing the IDNR. Our leaders imply they tell Monica the following - - monies needed to pave the road, which were vetoed by Rauner, the banks need painted (still), trap houses still in need of paint, and then our resident rocket scientist Gipson expressed his appreciation towards the IDNR for maintaining the grounds.

But there is more....

The trap houses are sinking and tilting. Or so the minutes say.

ok.jpg

Monica listens and concludes by saying...Glad things are working out.

Must just be part of Gipson's good direction.

Thanks Monica.....thanks for understanding.

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

It must be something in the water (kool aid) that keeps these people from seeing reality and keeps them in a "Happy Place" like LSD used to do to all of the Hippies ... (no offense to any left over Hippies out there ) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  3. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

#1 says it all......

It all rides on HOPE

That is all we have left now.

4. wpt

I seem to recall "Hope and Change " once before , think it was Obama calling ... Big Loser ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

History Seeker and dr.longshot like this.
  5. Larry

Larry Mega Poster Founding Member

I read where they listed some issues but I do not see where any were addressed. Were estimates ask for? How many traps are "sinking"? What I see above is very incomplete. At our tiny club if a trap house sinks or tilts our Pat Traps will not function. Am I missing something here? Seems a very incomplete meeting or way to get things done. Larry

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  6. wpt

The recreational parks in Illinois needed in excess of 2 million dollars worth of repairs in 2015/2016 after they estimated the cost of repairs they said the Budget crunch they were in did not allow for expenditures for the needed repairs ... The Financial situation has not improved any according to the States web site and they have not been able to resolve the stand off between Gov Rauner and House Speaker Madigan to make any compromises regarding said budget ... The State of Illinois has raised taxes to the point they are one of the highest in the nation, while cutting public services for the residents of the state ... I have family and many friends who live in Illinois who are grossly upset by the actions or lack of by the State elected officials, no changes are slated per the States web site ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Larry likes this.
  7. Larry

Larry Mega Poster Founding Member

Not unlike Oregon, never a way to live within a budget so just keep increasing taxes where possible or imposing "service charges" where additional taxes are not an option. Our governor does not know if it is a HE or a SHE, thinks Oregon should be a total sanctuary state and the government through taxes and fees should pay everything for those that pay nothing and are not even citizens of the state or the nation........ Go green, no logging, farming, cattle ranching or industry. I suspect that if individual states do not resolve their internal crap that Trumps efforts will be fought all the way. Oregon is Democrat all the way, Governor, House and Senate. Something for nothing is a helluva way to run a railroad........... Larry

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  8. wpt

The State of Illinois has many internal problems that have grown out of proportion for the longest time ...I used to live in Illinois so on many occasions I got to see some of the States workers in action ...

Example: There was a pot hole in the road, 3 trucks pulled up to the scene, one even had a small machine for trenching or digging ... The White hat (Boss) got out and looked then verified that Yes it was a pot hole ... He called in to see if it was in the area where they were supposed to be making repairs ... They all sat and had coffee while they waited for their answer and sure enough the crackling of the radio started and they were told that it is in their section for repairs ... 3 men unstrapped the machine and unloaded it after 3 others put out cones to cut the traffic down to one lane instead of the usual 3 lanes ... The Official looking guy measured the Pot hole and make a drawing of same in case they had to report what they did and where they did it for the day ... One of the men took a shovel and scraped some of the loose gravel from the hole and made a nice neat little pile next to the actual hole itself ... The Machine operator backed his machine up out the the labors way so they could get to work, this was after the cone guy moved the cones again to give them space to work ... One of the guys got out a rake and a tamper so they could do a nice and professional job on the pot hole ... It was lunch time so they all sat around having their lunch to keep them fortified once they got down to working ... The guy who measured the hole the first time went and measured it again to make sure it didn't get and bigger or smaller ... He told the Boss that it was the same hole they happened on before and prepared for the repair ... 2 guys got a shovel of cold black top mix out of the truck and put it in the hole, then they each got a second shovel full just in case they needed it and sure as heck they did ...One got tamped on it for a little while then another guy took over so he could do it the right way ... The guy on the machine asked if they needed his help and they said they would let him know as soon as they figured it out for sure ... The Boss man looked at the Pot hole and told them they needed more black top, but not enough to get the machine operator involved as of yet any way ... The got a few more shovels full of the mix out of the truck and the one guy asked why the machine operator didn't get one big bucket and save them all of the shoveling ..? The Boss man and the guy who measured the hole said it to late to use the machine now but they made a note for the next pot hole ... They got it all tamped down and got out a packing machine to vibrate it and make it nice and level ... Must of been break time because they all sat over in the shade by the machine operator looking at the job they did and how nice it looked ... Then another guy got out of the truck and sprayed the black top mix with a sealer which could not be driven on for at least one hour ... It was getting late so they loaded up the machine on the trailer, and washed the shovels , 3 guys loaded in one truck, 4 guys in one of the other trucks, then the machine operator and his helper got in their truck , the cone guy got out and picked up the cones they almost forgot to pick up and tossed them in the back of their truck ... The Boss got on the radio and said they had completed this pot hole and they were headed for the barn to fuel up the machine, the trucks and account for the black top mix they used ... Total cost to repair one POT HOLE :

9 guys , full days pay 3 got $37.50 per hour and 6 got $24.50 per hour ... Cost of black top $12.70 , sealer $88.00 and the State of Illinois wonders why it broke and they cannot figure out a budget ... Total to fix one Pot hole $1,908.20 , they will come back tomorrow and fix the other Pot hole right next to that one accord to what the Boss man said ...
    Then they have a crew that comes out and makes sure the work was done properly and to code in a few day ... I drove by that Pot Hole a week later and something must of ate the black top mix they put in the hole, it was gone, I'm sure they will get it on their schedule to re repair that hole if enough people call ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Larry likes this.