Mid summer shoot at Cardinal

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by space gun, Jul 25, 2016.

1. space gun

space gun Active Member

finished up yesterday, had a great time. It was hot! But after all this is July, attendance was the same as last year 781 entries 30-40 squads. I was a little disappointed that only one vendor came. I talked to several guys that needed supplies. I understand it is only
    A three day shoot but I would think a couple local vendors may have showed up.

2. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Shot the 100 pair of doubles Friday at the evil bank 7, guess what nothing wrong at all, cause i was looking at the targets. Checked out the new skeet fields and I hear there will be Traps installed between skeet houses.
    Ya it was hot...saw a rabbit dog chasing a rabbit and they both were walking.

3. Rosey

Rosey Mega Poster Founding Member

So you ran the doubles?

4. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Hmm, let me get this straight. Perfect background = perfect score? What planet do you shoot on?

Actually since I trap the first target i pick out a reference point in the back ground, whether tree, silo, power pole etc. Been out of shooting for 35 years, just got back in it. But same technique I used at the Grand back in the 80's when I took home the a doubles trophy with shoot off.

5. Rosey

Rosey Mega Poster Founding Member

7 would not be my choice for championship doubles, especially early in the morning, but it's better than 5 or 6.

I'm from Planet Commonsense.

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member Founding Member

How many and what banks did they use?
    Doug

7. robb

robb Well-Known Member

7-12 on Friday

8. space gun

space gun Active Member

7-12 all three days