Mec Electric vs Hydraulic

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Jim Hancock, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

All,

Too many ortho issues to pull the lever manual.....have 9000 series reloader , which do you recommend? Anyone have one for sale? Thanks

2. 635 G

635 G Elite Poster

Electric much safer, need two hands to use, had a bud get his thumb mashed under a hydraulic and if the hydraulics leak you got a mess

3. Wayne J

Wayne J Mega Poster

Electric all the way.

4. nickthanos

nickthanos Active Member

I have been using the MEC 9000H's for 30 years, & love em. No leaks, and smooth operation. I have three of them. No matter electric or hydraulic, don't put your fingers in the mechanism. I like them because when you take your foot off the petal, they come back up.

Roland Seger likes this.
  5. nickthanos

nickthanos Active Member

Just like you should not need a warning label to not put a plastic bag on your baby's head. Or caution, this respirator not for use under water.

6. Chris Carr

Chris Carr Member

The automate is quieter and you can get a foot peddle for it. My hydraulic leaks oil it’s only a year old and the one before that leaked oil too

7. david j burke

david j burke Active Member

I had a hydraulic, too noisy in the basement bunker. I also run two electric MECs with MokeMate foot pedal. Great accessory.

8. southjblue

southjblue Well-Known Member

I have 4 H's Love them They do leak some but a small piece of paper towel around the leak
    works fine---U can always find a flaw but my H's work just fine---$ wise on a good used H will
    be great also---Price a used elect compared to a H and U will do very well with the H.
    JMO----Go H's and have fun as I do---Been using them for yrs.
    SJB

9. southjblue

Another note----I don't see how U can get a finger stuck on a H -- U load the empty hull
    in station 1 and a wad on Station 3 then take hands away from machine and press foot pedal.
    Guess it can happen but U have to have your mind some ware off what your doing.
    Rembert safety 1st--- Speed is trouble---I can load 25 shells in 6 minutes
    I have a rotator cuff tear in right shoulder and pulling handle down on a 9000G is out of the ?
    SJB

10. southjblue

The only place mine leak is around the hose connection which is very small leak--I have one that don't leak because I tighten
    up the connection, The other leaks are so SMALL that the time to correct is not necessary.
    I've been using the H for yrs and never had a leak issue,
    Since your looking for an automatic unit, either will work fine.
    SJB

11. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Thank you all for information. On the look for a used one.