Lousy Factory Shotshells

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by 635 G, Apr 8, 2023.

1. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Recent Winchester AA's have had a lot off broken brass and lousy crimps--
    A few years ago I had a failure to fire because a STS had no powder in it ;

I feel if you are shooting brand new factory ammo that generates a blooper , the lost target rule should be waved

2. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I was 97 straight in handicap at Vandalia one year, might have been the state shoot, and my 98th shot which was an AA super handicap the shot hit the trap house and the wad the 16 yard line. I was not happy and could have just as well missed the last two but I didn't somehow for a 99. Ask Berlet, he still stokes my fire once and awhile about it.

3. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Too bad Brad you were robbed by Winchester & the ATA for a IMHO a stupid rule, especial if new factory ammo is required !!!

4. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

funny how that rule applies, but the way i understand it is.....it exists because trap shooting is/was suppose to mimic live bird shooting, either in the circle or the field.
    if you were hunting, the (live) bird would be lost, regardless if it was gun, ammo, or shooter. one hunter goes hungry, one eats.
    such is life, right?
    i know it doesnt help the pain any...but hey, such is the way of the sport!