Lights on white targets

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by langer, Jul 12, 2016.

1. langer

langer Well-Known Member

One of my new rules would be - if the lights are on white targets are thrown.

dr.longshot and History Seeker like this.
  2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Orange targets are easy to see under the lights.

3. orange clays

orange clays Member

Easier than white against a black background?

4. HKMLOG32

HKMLOG32 Active Member Founding Member

I don't know were you guy shoot, but where I shoot white targets are easier to see at night.

5. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Can't imagine shooting anything but White at nite. They used to, or still do it at the Grand.

Regards....Gerald

6. Brian Seibert

Brian Seibert Active Member

At New Port we shoot orange targets with the lights on up to late dusk. If you try and shoot white targets before that, they blend in with the sky. I will say, that there are time at New Port that we would start out with orange and wished that we would have switched before the round had ended. I know that some clubs shoot a flo. green target, but do to cost I don't see that happening at New Port. The wind issue is a bigger problem right now than the color issue. Lol

7. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Well-Known Member Founding Member

Brian
    I can't seem to find the switch for are wind machine at Newport ............... mother nature just will not give me a break.
    I am at the club in the morning setting up and trying to make sure we have good targets but good old mother nature turns on the wind about the time we start shooting.
    Last night the targets wasn't to bad .......... Big Popa broke a 50

We are going to adjust are lights at the club...... its on my to do list.

8. Brian Seibert

Big Papa says he can control the wind, maybe that how he was able to break a 50. I agree with the light situation. I was thinking of having some work done to my butt since that where the lights were shining at night. I know you guys say I'm a "perfect a$$" and are standing back there talking about us while we're shooting. Lol

9. Rick in Ohio

I am not sure what your talking about Brian ....... Most of the time Dick and I are talking about how we can make things better for all of are shooter's.

10. Brian Seibert

I was just kidding you about Dick. You guys do a great job making sure things go as well. There are certain things that can't be controlled, like the wind.
    Flinch King

11. Rick in Ohio

Ok .... See you next week.

12. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

There easy to see. No problem here with orange at night. White are great too except in the fall trap league when the snow is coming down.

13. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Brian, we are still looking for the person responsible for the wind and the direction at the club. Rick and I have been hoping you would take over that responsibility!!!! LOL. Many years ago, in Florida the wind was blowing over 30 MPH. Big Leo broke the only 200 that day. Later that day I ask him how in the world did you break those targets in all of that wind? He looked at me and said "did the wind blow today, I never noticed"!!! That's difference between a shooter and a REAL shooter. It's completely a mental game. Has nothing to do with the wind. As an OSTA Director, I have worked many of the shootoff's at the grand. They throw the same New York Style orange targets for all shootoff's at night under the lights as they throw during the day.

wpt likes this.
  14. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

BIG PAPA, reminds me of last year at the CC when I was talking to Dan B about a time when he broke a 100x100 over some 30+ years go. May have been Reno? Any rate the wind blew so hard it actually sand blasted the paint on a new Cadillac. They had to pull down the bill on their caps to keep the sand out of their eyes until their turn to shoot. Dan had the only 100 that day, the other guys who some were All Americans could only get into the 70's. Oh ya, another thing, this was doubles.

wpt likes this.