Lightest O/U barrels??

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by rookieshooter, Aug 25, 2021.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Who makes the lightest O/U barrels on the market ? Don't care about brand. Read that Blaser has the lightest. Also don't care about wood or rib...both will be custom made anyway. This will be a dedicated doubles gun. Just need to be light. Preferably 30''.

2. robb

robb Well-Known Member

Maybe Parcours from Krieghoff?

rookieshooter likes this.
  3. greenman006

greenman006 Active Member

I bought a sxs 20 gauge 5 years ago for turkey gun project, and posted pics of it when finished. I don't remember what it weighed new, but it was under 6 lbs. I had the barrels shortened to 24" and also cut off the stock for a shorter LOP even after adding a good quality recoil pad. It now weighs 5 lbs 6 oz and has turned out to be a superb turkey gun.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Krieghoff Model 32?

SanRemo32 likes this.
  5. Reyper

Reyper Mega Poster

Beretta 30" Optima bore flat rib sporting barrels are ridiculously light. I have a set of 28" mobile choked barrels that weigh more than my 32" Optima bore barrels. The trap barrels weigh more due to the rib. Good luck on your project. Good shooting, Rey

6. ljutic329

ljutic329 Mega Poster Founding Member

Any manufacturer that produces a 410

7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Tri-Star 12ga 28" Bbls O/U a common gun. very lite

GB...................................DLS

8. mudpack

mudpack Mega Poster Founding Member

The Ruger Red Label is very barrel-light.

9. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

Parcours. 32" are 1.37KG to 1.39KG that I've handled.

10. rookieshooter

I thought about those. Blaser advertises the lightest barrels on the market.
    I need to find out how much does the longer k80 receiver weighs vs the shorter Blaser receiver.
    The wood is no concern since I need to have a custom stock and forarm made.

I should have mentioned barrels including receiver in my original post.

11. rookieshooter

What's with the French word ''Pacoures''? Does that give the gun a since of Grandeur ?
    How much did they have to pay some Madison advertising agency for that?

12. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

rookie: Parcours is a term derived from FITASC competition. A quick search will answer your question in detail.