Kindersley Claybusters' First Registered Shoot

Discussion in 'Your PICTURES Trapshooting - Sporting Clays etc' started by Hasbeen, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Hasbeen

Hasbeen Well-Known Member

The wife and I headed to Kindersley, SK this past weekend to take part in their first ever registered trap shoot. The Kindersley club has been in existence for some time operating as the Kindersley Wildlife Federation, a local hunting and conservation club with a rifle range and a single trap field. The club decided to put in a trap section and updated the layout with a second trap field and Pat Trap machines. It has generated quite a bit of interest according to the volunteers who worked the shoot all weekend to assist their registered shooting members.
    The driving force behind the change has been one family in particular, the Kachmarski family who shoots registered together, Dan(father),Tim(son) and Brook(daughter) Lori(mom) while not a shooter travels with them to all the shoots around SK and donates her time to run events and of course she did the same for Kindersley's first shoot handling the entries, classifying shooters and running the kitchen.
    The clubhouse is brand new and what a great idea for an affordable option for a small club. A 20'x24' garage kit was assembled on a pad with a nice large rear deck overlooking the trap fields. A full width double wide garage door opens to the deck allowing a full view of the fields and they have a portable draw back two piece screen that attaches to the garage door opening to keep out the flying critters. The interior is nicely finished in 4'x8' paneling that looks like aged barn board and the local Conservation Officers office recently closed and in doing so donated a handful of nice wildlife mounts to the club for their clubhouse. There is a beautiful bald eagle mount amongst the other mounts which include a Ross' goose, a Blue goose, pheasant, mule deer head mount, some large antlers from mulies and whitetails and a few other upland and birds of prey mounts.
    There is room to park campers though there isn't yet any power or water hook-ups though they are planned for the future. Toilet facilities were portable units as there is no water or washrooms yet but again they are in the future plans.
    There was 3-4 squads each day over the three days and I am sure there would have been more had the scheduling for the inaugural shoot not fell on the same weekend as the Alberta Provincial Championships shoot. Both the SK and AB shooters travel back and forth to support each others shoots. My wife and I decided to forgo the AB Provincial shoot in favor of going to Kindersley to support the new small clubs effort and we were both happy we did as we had a fantastic time.
    When the smoke had settled I had dropped my average on singles 0.6%.... yes I shot that well...:rolleyes:
    I brought my doubles and handicap averages up, though that wasn't hard to do when they have been my worst ever...:confused: Again I did not shoot that well but at least I moved up not down! My wife had a good run saturday and posted her best scores to date and over the course of the weekend kicked her average up almost 10%. She was quite pleased and I have to say I was pretty impressed to see her push herself through a 3 day event shooting 600 targets. That was a first for her and she finally shot her 1000th single target on the friday enabling her to be placed in her assigned class for once instead of shooting penalty class.
    We will be headed to Swift Current, SK for the upcoming Canadian Championships the weekend of August 6-8 and will meet up with our group of friends there. Saturday evening it was decided the group of us would have a pot luck party on the saturday evening after the 200 singles championship race. Each couple would bring something for the pot luck and of course one of our friends Dwight Smith, who happens to be the President of the Canadian Trapshooting Association pretty much sealed what I was going to bring when he asked aloud for my recipe for smoked trout and then went on to say "this guy makes the best smoked trout I've ever eaten". Hint received....;)
    Here are a few pics from the weekend.....the last pic is my wife with her newest fan Tiger Williams. He was showing her his 1987 Chev big block 454 Suburban he was gifted years ago from some of his junior billets. Some of you hockey fans may remember David "Tiger" Williams who began his NHL career in 1974 with the Toronto Maple Leafs and was traded a few times over the span of his career before retiring in 1989 and trading his hockey stick for a K-80 unsingle combo. He still leads the NHL's all time record for most penalty minutes and to hear him grumble when he misses a target it's a good thing there is no fighting or penalty boxes in trap! :p Here are a few pics for you to peruse and if you ever find yourself in SK be sure to look this club up and shoot some targets. You won't be disappointed with the targets and especially with the first rate hospitality and friendliness of the Kindersley Club members and fellow SK shooters. :)

DSC_0171.JPG DSC_0060.JPG DSC_0139.JPG DSC_0140.JPG DSC_0174.JPG DSC_0149.JPG DSC_0163.JPG DSC_0089.JPG DSC_0103.JPG IMG_6335.jpg

T Jordan likes this.
  2. Lance363

Lance363 Member

Wow, nice pictures

Hasbeen likes this.