Kentucky or Michigan

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by trappermike, Apr 3, 2017.

1. trappermike

trappermike Active Member

I try and travel to a state shoot every year that is new to me. I love shooting new venues. This year I have a time slot open at the end of June/beginning of July.

Two state shoots that I have not attended fall into that time frame, Kentucky (Berea, KY) and Michigan (Mason, Mi).

Any of you guys been to both?

Pros & Cons?

I will be bringing the significant other with me so things to do in the area other then shooting become important. How about Hotels? Lots of choices or should I drive the coach? I will probably be at the Ohio State Shoot that will end June 25 so I could either head north to Mason or south to Berea with a few days between for sight seeing with the wife.

I usually do not take the coach to the Cardinal as there are a lot of places to stay and I have more flexibility for side trips driving the car versus the forty foot monster. But if it makes more sense to have the coach for Ky or Mi I could go that route.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Mason , Mi was always a great shoot went there a couple of times many years ago, can't imagine it got anything but better ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. space gun

space gun Active Member

I have been to both. Both are great shoots! Kentucky is smaller and a little more laid back, we stayed in hotels at both places. I went to Michagan first. You can't go wrong either way. Indiana and West Virgina also have nice shoots.

4. trappermike

trappermike Active Member

Thank you for your input space gun. Yes, Indiana is nice, I shot there last year. Had a nice place under the huge trees to park the coach. Only thing I didn't care for were the days I had to shoot on banks that had the electric transformers in the background.

The wife has done some research and has decided it is in my best interest to shoot the Kentucky State Shoot as she wants to tour the thoroughbred horse farms around Lexington, so Ky it is!

Roger Coveleskie and dr.longshot like this.