k80 skeet wood question

Discussion in 'Skeeters Corner' started by bobski, Aug 26, 2023.

1. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

what is the difference between skeet wood and parcours wood?
    can someone post a pic of the two showing the differences?
    thanks.

2. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

Parcours wood is slimmer and trimmer (butt stock and forend) with slightly lighter, higher and straighter dimensions, adj. comb, slight palm swell. DAC 1 9/16", DAH 2" with adj. comb at lowest setting. Skeet wood comes in various Krieghoff stock configurations; generally #3 Sporting, #6, and #5 Skeet. Dimensions for all currently offered Krieghoff wood on their site.

3. bobski

thanks old friend. you always come thru.
    many have told me that old red sile wood for the 32's is close to the same as the parcours.
    are they correct?

4. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

The sile wood does have some similar shaping characteristics (less excess wood) but dimensions vary a bit and were neutral cast. I much prefer the Parcours wood set vs. the #3 Sporting due to better dimensions (for me) and less excess wood on the Parcours to get a 32" gun to scale right at 8#'s. Plus, the Parcours wood siimply looks better.

5. bobski

can you post pics to compare?

6. bossbasl

bossbasl Mega Poster

No pics. to post. The Parcours stock is shown very well on Krieghoff site. My comments are based on memory of my first good skeet gun, a M-32 skeet tube set, compared to a current K-80 Gold Super Scroll Parcours 32" with Parcours 32" carrier barrel tube set.

7. bobski

thanks for your input. say hi to the nice guys in the other place for me.