Is Ohio losing mojo? Fewer out of Staters.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by STaT mAn STaN, Jul 3, 2022.

1. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

2012 out of state 43%
    2022 out of state 35%

How is the OSTA Board addressing this?

2. bpd20

bpd20 Well-Known Member Founding Member

I would think the economy (Biden) has a lot to do with that. Everything has gone way up in price. Fuel, food, ammo, components, you name it.
    Folks are being more select on how to spend their limited disposable cash (if they still have any). Sign of the times.

3. Mallard Cutter

Mallard Cutter Active Member

Count me in on that group that has cut back on shooting. Dang gas is ridiculous.

4. STaT mAn STaN

STaT mAn STaN Mega Poster

2019 Out of state 39% (economy was booming)

5. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I heard that Michigan had less than 200 shooters today for their state handicap and doubles events and about 325 yesterday for their singles. I don't know what the crowd was there in 2012 but I'd bet it was larger than that.

What has hurt Ohio is that every state around us has lost a larger proportion of their shooters and all of them but Pa started out with substantially fewer shooters to begin with. The Pa state shoot is much smaller than in 2012.

STaT mAn STaN what would be really interesting and informative would look at 2002, twenty years ago before the ATA moved to Illinois, and list the surrounding states info too please.

Just like Brandon blames Putin (Russia, Russia, Russia) the ATA blames Ohio for not traveling while the ATA is the reason for the season of registered shooting failure. The decline started long before high gas, high gas just sped it up.

6. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

When there was money to be made, lots of it, and the handicap system wasn't broken, I would have taken my last dollar to the Ohio Shoot or the Grand in Vandalia. The blue collar shooter brought the money to the game. The ATA fixed all those things. The economy didnt matter.

Ask your delegate his plan.

Cooperdisciple, Elsie and Dave Berlet like this.