Ironic that a shooting organization bows to the politics of Illinois

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Jersey Giant, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Jersey Giant

Jersey Giant Active Member

I am not going to knock the facility of Sparta other than to say it is a monstrosity.

We constantly see the ATA bending a knee to the conflicting politics of Illinois. How can anyone expect the ATA to grow? Can the ATA successfully promote the sport while in Illinois? Where is the line in the sand?

The ATA is fortunate to have vendors that constantly drag them across the finish line. The carcass of the ATA is getting too heavy for the vendors.

You tell me the answer.

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The ATA claims to promote Trap Shooting, when in fact the clubs and clubs members are the actual promoters of the ATA and trap shooting and have been as far back as most people can remember ... The ED, EC, and many on the BOD are a cesspool of corruption acting in favor of their benefit, not the benefit of the members ... The WSRC might be the absolute best, second to none shooting facility's ever presented to the shooting industry but the location makes it second, third, fourth, fifth behind many others that are in more logical locations for those that would attend shoots at the locations ... The Vendors got screwed by the State of Illinois and will continue to get screwed by the State of Illinois until they have had enough and move on to shoots where they will be respected and treated in a reasonable manner ... The State of Illinois has been established as a State of Corruption and like a Cancer it only gets worse on an annual basis ... The ATA's ED, EC and many on the BOD are only looking for what they can get out of the ATA CASH COW, and benefit them selves ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

The ED, EC, and many on the BOD have manipulated the ATA into a position so others that will not toe the mark so to speak cannot be let in or if they are they get eliminated in a damn quick hurry ... If the people in charge performed as they do on a regular job they would be giving walking papers post haste ... The INTEGRITY of the Organization got eradicated a long time ago and much like the Government it self they are the Swamp Scum who makes the benefits to suit them self ... When they die there will be a line at their grave sites of people waiting to water their grave with a natural product made by the human body ...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Ken Cerney and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  3. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Since the ATA rented to Re-Rent the last vendor places that the State could not rent, does anyone IF the ATA re-rented all of them ?

Or was this another golden goose chase for Gipson ?

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Jersey Hen, Most shooters agree that the facility is an fine shooting club. The EC and the B.O.D. are the problem. They were told not to move to Illinois by the shooters and by the company they hired to evaluate the move there. They has been some under handed dealing within the Org. that has been financially benefit to the officers, some we know of probable many we do not. The shooters that built the ATA have lost all respect for the people that are in charge. when the old guard are all gone the ATA will be worthless. (quote) WHEN MEN OF HONOR DO NOTHING EVIL WILL PREVAIL. Roger C.

ccridr, wpt and Ken Cerney like this.
  5. Clayman

Clayman Well-Known Member

It all comes back to being in a state like Illinois.

With all the gun friendly, better weather, more accessible places to put the home grounds. . .
    I know, it's all been said before, but this year's grand brings the whole fiasco back into focus.

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  6. Roger Coveleskie

I under stand from a friend that is there. It is a cluster HUMP. The shooters must wait for the scorer to load the traps before they can shoot. And he said that is the high point of the shoot. Roger C.

7. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

Your friend must be impatient and not shooting well, never had to wait more than 5 min.for a trap to be loaded.

8. Roger Coveleskie

If that happens every third squad, it will make that shoot 30% longer. I have loaded traps it takes an experienced loader closer to 10 minutes to do the job. try timing it tomorrow. From going to the trap house to getting back in the chair and getting ready to score. Roger C.

History Seeker likes this.
  9. jd88201

jd88201 Active Member

I shot the whole Grand week and never had to wait for the trap to be loaded. I was on banks 2 thru 4 I did hear on the east end some scorers had to load there own trap once in a while but not all day.

10. greenman006

greenman006 Active Member

Illinois strikes again.

11. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

rn3 I shot every day and I shot the Grand week HOA. Our squad shot on banks 6 thru bank 12 during championship week and nearly every event we had a delay of more than 10 minutes and 1 event we waited more than 10 minutes on every field. That event took us more than an hour and a half to complete. Overall the trap help seemed good and knowledgeable. The question is why wasn't there enough help. With the high temperature keeping score and loading traps was a tough job and the help on our fields should be commended.

Dave Berlet

Roger Coveleskie and wpt like this.
  12. Roger Coveleskie

MIS MANAGEMENT. Fits the description pretty well Dave. Roger C.

sleeperhawk and wpt like this.