Iowa State Shoot $10,000 Handicap

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Leonidas, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Iowa State Trapshooting Association is having a $10,000 handicap during the State Shoot. Wed through Sunday with Tuesday's handicap possible.

Shoot off on Sunday for one winner.

So far the only rule I know about is NEW SHELLS ONLY on all handicaps to qualify.

State shoot is July 18 thru July 23.

Check ISTA website for continuing info.

2. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

I see nothing yet on the website or facebook page yet. I'll ask around and see what's up with that.

3. michigan_berry

michigan_berry Active Member

It’s my understanding that it’s for anyone who breaks 100 straight in any handicap event during the shoot. The shootoff Sunday is there in case multiple straights are broken.

Rn3 and alf174 like this.
  4. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

Correct it's for any 100 straight in a handicap event if more than one they will shoot off. There will only be 1 winner.

5. robb

robb Well-Known Member

As it should be. One winner not 30.

6. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Trap Shooters don't shoot for money, they should offer 5X AA points.

7. Trap69

Trap69 Member

sad truth of todays world. I just returned from a 2 day “money shoot” when went to cashier on 1sr day was told there were no options available,
    I countered with its in the program. Was told no options because you’re the 1st to want to play them. Only money wound up being the small cash
    awards to winners. Very poor attendance. Shot 200 singles & 100 caps on day one and was back in campground prepping my evening meal by 330pm.
    Even smaller attendance on Sunday for 100pair of doubles( 3 -four man squads) shot 100 handicaps and was on road home by 230pm

Flyersarebest and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  8. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

We had pretty good money at the first few Ohio State Shoots at the CC.

What killed money shooting was not one thing but several. The ATA's AA points push, the 2 yards off and 2 yards off in back to back years, the setting targets softer and softer, THE MOVE TO SPARTA, the closing of the mid size clubs, the state shoots getting smaller and smaller, the EC only promoting the grand and doing nothing for the states and small clubs, the cost.

The biggest reason is just shitty ATA EC's that opperated like Biden's white house. I think it's great that Iowa is trying but I doubt it will help any at all. The Martins couldn't help the grand and they were giving away guaranteed money.

Trap69, Flyersarebest and Ron Burdick like this.
  9. Ronald Rousseau

Ronald Rousseau Well-Known Member

Most times people look at the money and read how to win it after they win it.

10. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Does anyone have Iowa State Shoot pictures to post?