***IDNR Director Sighting at Cardinal Center***

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by merlo, Jul 15, 2016.

1. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

There has been an IDNR Director sighting at the Cardinal Center. No word as to why? A Monica sighting has been reported by a very reliable source but no photos have surfaced yet.

2. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Probably there to learn how to run a successful shoot. That OJT in Sparta hasn't worked out very well and scheduling was already a disaster. Heh, you gotta start somewhere!

4. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Could be Monica was applying for a job.

History Seeker, wpt and oleolliedawg like this.
  5. merlo

merlo Mega Poster Forum Reporter

It is semi-official now. This may be the official photo of Monica. A little bit grainy like big foot pictures. But an official sighting in the book of Merlo.

100_2136.JPG

Merlo out

6. chinco

chinco New Member

Beyond Monica and whoever is a beautiful facility.

7. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

This lady was handed and walked into a can of worms by getting involved with the WSRC ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  8. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Maybe she made the trip to apologize to the "Glock Guy" ....

She can assure "him" that when the "ATA year-round Vendor" is gone, he will be welcome to have or attend any and all the shoots.

dr.longshot and wpt like this.
  9. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

I wonder if she was there to see if she could persuade the heads of the SCTP to return to Sparta next year ?

That fellow she is with looks familiar. Have we seen his picture in other SCTP articles ?

Oh well, time will tell what she was there for. I only hope she wasn't trying to go into the CC's back yard to promote Sparta...That in my book wouldn't be too good.

Only my opinion.

10. wpt

Promoting Sparta is something that has been done for the past 11 plus years to no avail, with what is lacking in the general area there is no amount of promotion that could create an enticement once all of the facts are known and the place has been experienced beyond the facility it self ... The State has reinstated restrictions limiting shooters where they can purchase ammunition unless they jump through created hoops so to speak and pay additional money to enable them to do so or have a FOID card as a resident ... Personally, I feel anyone who supports the State of Illinois and any one associated with it in any way is going against a persons rights to have, own, and use weapons for protection, sports, or recreation ... The attendance has shown over the years that the grand is fast becoming nothing more than a glorified state shoot with a name/ Label that died many years ago ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. wpt

Monica was not the person the ATA wanted to have that position so they will not be doing anything to make her job any easier, that you can be sure of ... Monica will do just fine so long as she does not let the ATA 's ED, EC, and BOD bully her and micro manage the facility ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  12. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I spoke with her for about 20 min. She seems very nice, told me she came from marketing a minor league baseball team in an Independent league. She said she new nothing about shooting. I gave her the advice that anytime someone from the ATA was speaking think of Hillary. Brad

wpt and Ken Cerney like this.