I now have my New Foot

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by dr.longshot, Aug 1, 2015.

1. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

It started out OK walked Very Fast First Time I tried It, Never used the Handrails, I amazed the ACE Orthopedic Dr. on my New Hydraulic Kintara Foot, he said you got great balance I have never seen anyone move that fast, the First Time, It's 3 Days later now and The Upper part Of My Stump is Sore at the musclein rear of my leg, It Is Almost Impossible to get the Rubber Vacuum Seal up over the Prosthetic, Over My Knee and up on my Thigh, To keep the Prosthesis On.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

2. Lew D. Boyko

Lew D. Boyko Active Member

That means you got to slow slow down let the stump get used to the new equipment. Had my knee replaced and I
    thought I knew better and gave her hell, now I am paying for it.
    birddog

LadyT likes this.
  3. fredoniarob

fredoniarob Active Member

When my dad had his prosthetic leg installed he said much the same.....
    Your in my prayers, keep going and good luck

4. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Wishing you the best of luck with your new Kintara foot Doc. I have no doubt you'll master it and be walking faster than I can.

HistoryBuff

5. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Is it perfectly sized to the shape of the ATA's backside? You need to kick someone with it.

6. Flljutic

Flljutic Active Member

As long as it wasn't made by Takata you should be ok. chris.

7. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

Doc you shouldn't have run that marathon on day 2. Slow down and take it easy.

8. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Good luck Gary. I know you will handle this as well as everything else.

9. AZCOTRAP

AZCOTRAP Mega Poster Founding Member

Wish you the best.

10. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

Good luck with the new foot Gary, take it slow and easy and you will do fine. Hope you're back on the line and shooting well soon.

11. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Have you been able to stand and shoot with the new foot?

12. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

Thanks Lady-T I fell this morning taking a shower

13. dr.longshot

I have not shot standing yet, will try tomarrow 8/6 been shooting from wheelchair

14. dr.longshot

I hope so too

15. dr.longshot

Thanks

16. dr.longshot

Working on it

17. dr.longshot

It's a Kintara w/Hydraulic ankle

18. LadyT

LadyT Mega Poster

Gravity is a you know what.

19. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Good luck and all the best, you will be fine if you take a little time and get used to it ... You are in our prayers, be carefull in those showers ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. dr.longshot

My stump is shrinking causing more mods to housing of my Kintara Foot, I have several different sock sleeves I use, plus they had to add 1/2"inch spacer to get legs equal length, less back pain.

GB DLS

Ken Cerney likes this.
  21. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

normal adjustments ... I have a Buddy who has had one for years, you would never know it if you see him walk ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

22. Ed Yanchok

Ed Yanchok Well-Known Member Founding Member

Once your stump shrinks even more and you're wearing multiple socks, they'll recast you and give you a new, smaller cuff and you'll be able to get your pants leg on over it easier. I'm a few months ahead of you and yesterday I shot my first full round (25 wobble) without the use of a bench. Still a problem keeping my balance

Rob Taylor, Just Joe and wpt like this.
  23. dr.longshot

I am going to talk to the fitter Sept 1st about a new re-cast, I am down from 16 1/2"inches to 14 1/4 "inches now

GB DLS

24. Ed Yanchok

Ed Yanchok Well-Known Member Founding Member

What thickness socks are you now using?

Ed Yanchok

25. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Active Member Founding Member

Sorry to hear that you had a problem. Glad that it has worked out for you. Hope things continue to go well for you.