I am thinking of removing myself from this site

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by dr.longshot, Jul 2, 2015.

1. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Problems do not take care of or remedy themself, if those in charge do nothing to get the train back on track you can bet nothing will change and the decline will continue until there would be no reason to keep on, keeping on ...
    "Fantastic Direction " must be going no where ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Trap 2 likes this.
  2. theloudone

theloudone Guest

WPT I didn't realize you were part of the problem! You and Roger 2 of the biggest complainers, were the root of your own complainants.

3. wpt

theloudone,
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and probably having never done anything, you never get anything done other than point the finger and say "IF THEY only would of ______" (fill in the blank) ... If you do not have any idea what you are talking about its best to listen and learn rather than spout off and make yourself look foolish ... (which you seem to do quite often) ... You made many unfounded statements about me, yet you do not even know me, have never had the pleasure of meeting me, how much my pensions are, etc, etc, etc ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Neil,

We never threw 2 hole targets. If you were there and observed this infraction, why did you not come forward and set us straight?I WAS ON THE TARGET SETTING CREW AND THE LAST THING WE DID WAS TO PUT THE MACHINE IN THE 3 HOLE. Every field was set with a height pole and the fifty yard stake was exactly the same elevation of the 16 yd. pad. The statement that you made is bull shit and you know it. Maybe you are still irritated about us not setting up the room for all of the ATA exec. with food and drink. At the last Spring Grand if you were there do you remember me asking the ATA people to help with the shoot offs. and they all refused.

I ask one of the men setting targets on bank 1234 at Sparta this year why he was not using the height pole, and his answer was there is no place to set it on. If there is one, someone should tell the target setting people to use a height pole. If not having a bench mark for setting the height, how are clubs supposed to set the 8 to 10 foot mark? You stated that the protractor can not set two field the same so how is this rule to be followed?

You have been getting you balls busted on here pretty bad. I suggest you not starting any crap about the old Phoenix club. I may start remembering where those clubs were that were throwing ONE hole targets over machines that were not interrupted. With your track record I would be careful about slandering a club that can no longer defend it's self. All closet doors can always be opened. Now you have a nice day. Roger C.

5. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

I am so tired of hearing about the Phoenix Gun Club in topics in which it has no place.

6. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Now don't get frustrated and start making things up.

I was president of a very successful 5 trap club (that is still kicking ass) which hosts several registered and unregistered shoots. I was also involved with our state association and a great SCTP program. You can't find one post where I have said anything about your pension. You also won't find a post where I said "if they only would have done......."

You set yourself up, 5 to 10 posts a day bitching and making unfounded accusations on Sparta and the ATA. Then come to find out you were part of the problem......

Just because you type it doesn't make it true... Looks like the fool is you!

7. Zealot

Zealot Active Member

I'm outta here.

8. AZCOTRAP

AZCOTRAP Mega Poster Founding Member

Roger is like a lot of other anti ATA, anti Soarta LOSERS here, does not know what he is talking about.

9. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

AZCO: Roger is far from Anti-ATA, he is one that wants to bring back Integrity to the ATA, Integrity is something your are vastly lacking. Targets set with Integrity, something most big dogs cannot handle, they just shoot good scores on easy targets w/big fast shells.

Gary Bryant......................Dr.longshot

10. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

You must be talking about N1H1's pension, is he on the Take from the ATA? Inquiring minds wonder.

GB .......... DLS

11. dr.longshot

Talk about calling a Kettle Black

GB>>>>>>>>>>>DLS

12. dr.longshot

Roger: Was that not NW's Protractor Target setting guide?

Gary Bryant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dr.longshot

13. dr.longshot

LOUDONE: You areb very mistaken in all your Rantings as usual, a TROLL

GB>>>>>>>>>>>>DLS

14. Trap 2

Trap 2 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Care to back up that statement with facts, or are you just shooting off your mouth?

Michael McGee likes this.
  15. theloudone

theloudone Guest

If you read the comment, it was in response to what N1H1 had posted as fact as he attended shoots at the club. WPT and I discussed this in a PM. Thanks for your concern.

16. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Looks like Dr. Ding Dong is off his meds again!

17. wpt

I do not recall 100% to be honest, but I do believe that the Old Phx club was throwing 3 hole targets ... I honestly have no way to verify that other than recollection, and its been awhile ... I set targets as straight aways from post 1 and post 5, straight away from post 3 was to the 50 yard marker and 9ft high (?) at 10 yards out ... I would not swear to this or bet money on it because I truly do not remember ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  18. AZCOTRAP

You guys are so full of yourselves, you make a squishing sound when you walk. There was no DLS at the HOF for porch shooting and people who do not visit this site have no clue as to who you or your sister Roger C are.

19. AZCOTRAP

image.jpg

This stuff is not working, think I will have ask for a refund. The only thing it does is make a mess on my computer screen. See you in about a week. Spend too much time here, I will be as dopey as the rest of you.

20. Roger Coveleskie

AZCO. Did you ever shoot at the old Phoenix club? If you did you shot 3 hole targets and were to dumb to know the difference. You credability is in question as a shooter and also as person that has something positive to add to conversations on this site. You act like a very lonely person always trying to stir up trouble so some one will pay attention to your rants. Why do you not crawl back into your hole hole. Or start acting like an adult. Either action will be appreciated. Roger C.

wpt, Trap 2 and dr.longshot like this.
  21. Michael McGee

Michael McGee Mega Poster Founding Member

AZHOTRAP taking a week off is too good to be true!

wpt, dr.longshot and Trap 2 like this.
  22. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

I look forward to your return. Don't forget to tell your six pals. Bashful, Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and Grumpy are welcome here as well. We can always use new members.

Flyersarebest

wpt and dr.longshot like this.
  23. Jo2

Jo2 Well-Known Member

A short list of suggestions to perspective new members to this forum.
    -First, don't drink the ATA kool-aid, you must have a taste for the bitter beverage that is derived from the sour grapes that are cultivated on this site.
    -Secondly, you must be too stupid to understand graphs (universally accepted as the fastest, easiest to understand, and overall best way to express the results of a test).
    -Thirdly, you should come from the heartland of trapshooting (OH or PA), or your opinions will be dismissed as unworthy because you hale from a less populated area.
    -Fourth, you should have 20/20 hind site, after all it is far easier to criticize a past decision than it is to suggest a solution to a current problem.
    - Fifth, you must, I repeat MUST, want to make target presentations more difficult, to put the sport back in trapshooting, or be prepared to be bullied by the likes of Family Guy (he was heavily recruited for wrestling (sumo, judging by his avatar) by several universities), User 1 (he makes short senseless statements followed by 6 periods........), smoking 357 or Shoot Well John (they don't actually participate in shooting, but are full of ideas as to how it should be done), Dr Longshot, Flyersarebest, Smithy, or any number of other members who no longer participate in the sport of competitive trapshooting, but are critical of those who do support it.

24. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

That's cute, Jo. You actually call an activity in which 85% of the participants score 90%, or better, "competitive."

dr.longshot likes this.
  25. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Seems to me that would be highly competitive.

26. dr.longshot

JO2: I do not know what you are drinking, or what Train, Plane or Horse you came into the arena of Trapshooting on, you must have been a Student Of Professor Neil Winston of the University of Minnesota, where he teaches, taught,"HOW TO MAKE ANYTHING EASY" being a shooter who came on the scene in 1982 and became a Self Taught Trapshooting Guru with a shot gun that could not break targets at distances beyond the 24 yard line, Drew up his own graphs to show how wrong everyone else is/was, with un documented Graphs/Charts with in-accurate information, compiled in his backyard from the barrel bending Tree. Patterned his shot guns at very short distances that cannot show or prove long range patterns for target breaking abilities to 27 yards or better, as his prognosis is a shotgun cannot perform at distances beyond the 27 yard line. That shells had to be created at a max off 1200 +or- 90fps, and be ok'd at 1290fps + or - 90 fps which threw all his calculations out of the outhouse half moon window, when he cold get up from the 2 hole outhouse, after wiping with the ATA trapshooting rule books. He was the only non past president to be on the HOF board, the most un-qualified person to ever be on the HOF board, did he buy his way on board? The HOF now has a bldg. it is paying for on land it does not own in a non gun state at that. Everything he has touched/modified/changed pertaining to trapshooting he has screwed up almost beyond repair, if it was not for the shooters on American Trapshooter.com Bringing all his modifications/changes/rules bending techniques to light, and the Shooters from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia, and Kentucky to name a few coming to the aid of the ATA, and showing how the EC and BOD took trapshooting to an all time low, and having the likes of you even being allowed to join this site and voice your false opinions, where would all the Real Trapshooters, That shoot Competetive targets be?

Gary Bryant........,, Dr.longshot now training his left foot so he can shoot again

27. Larry

Larry Mega Poster Founding Member

I personally have no interest in personal vendetta's or the use of posts to criticize or denounce individuals. For the last few years I have been attempting to shoot trap. I belong to ATA, PITA, I am a life member of two local gun clubs and shoot about 1000+ shells a month at the 5 SMALL clubs within easy driving distance. I regularly view 3 different sites dedicated to Trap.
    I just went through both pages of this thread, some actually does relate to trap shooting, most are finger pointing and blaming and accusatory.
    What is the real objective? Is it trapshooting or scapegoating?
    If it is trapshooting please get on with it, if its hate Neil or Gary or whomever then it is a waste of time...... (please not the 6 periods) Larry

28. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Then you don't understand the concept.

29. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Why don't you break it down for me. Lets start with the definition of competitive.

Learner's definition of COMPETITIVE
    [more competitive; most competitive]

: of or relating to a situation in which people or groups are trying to win a contest or be more successful than others : relating to or involving competition
    • competitive sports
    • It is a very competitive job market. [=a situation in which a lot of people are trying to get jobs]
    • The new technology gave them a competitive advantage/edge. [=a better chance than others of winning or succeeding]

: having a strong desire to win or be the best at something
    • She is a very competitive player.
    • He has a competitive nature. [=he likes to compete and to win]

: as good as or better than others of the same kind : able to compete successfully with others
    • We offer great service at competitive rates. [=rates that are close to those of other companies]
    • You need a degree to be competitive in today's job market.
    • a competitive team [=a team with a good chance to win]

30. Larry

Larry Mega Poster Founding Member

Any event where a majority of the contestants are way out of the running is not competitive......... 85% over 90?? Means someone better stay on their toes as a future winner is somewhere in the bunch........ by the way, multiple periods at the end of a sentence is called an ellipses......... and has a meaning of its own...... Larry

31. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Let's not. That's not how educated people conduct enquiry. If you have an OED, I'd be interested in a review of their entry.

We're discussing competitive sports and activities. If we want to make an activity more competitive, how would we go about it?

Of course, it is. The problem was created by letting that unworthy majority into the event.

32. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Larry, I'm going to make the subject of competitiveness its own thread. This could be a useful discussion, but it will get lost in the present thread. I invite you to import your posts into that thread.

Larry likes this.
  33. Michael McGee

Right from the keyboard of a director addicted to the ATA Kool-Aid!

34. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Since you mentioned MY name.

Please tell me how you have the faintest idea what or where I shoot. As I stated in a post over a year ago on your old site.

I DIDN'T LEAVE THE ATA.

THE ATA LEFT ME.

The statements you posted in your rant are something a Second Class Journalist, or Journalist 2nd class, would write. Such as, "members who no longer participate in the sport of competitive trapshooting, but are critical of those who do support it."

I was NEVER critical of ANYONE that supports "Competitive" (code for ATA) trapshooting. It is their money, they can spend it anyway they like. God bless em'.

Critical of the people that made all the changes to the ATA I knew and chased away all the shooters that it used to have?

Damn straight!

Now a First Class Journalist would have done a little homework before writing any of the stuff you did. Like maybe reading this quote from Dan Bonillas.

I asked Dan what he thought one of the biggest problems are with registered shooting and without hesitation he replied, "making the targets easier. Now everyone can go out and get a good score."

Of course Mr. Bonillas still shoots "competitive targets" (code for ATA). So IMO his opinion carries some weight.

Yours? Not so much.

And as far as you warning any perspective new members? If I was you I wouldn't worry about them. This site won't last more than 30 days from the date it opened. Or maybe 60. Or maybe 90. Or maybe 120. Or maybe 150. Or.....

Flyersarebest

wpt, Trap 2, rookieshooter and 2 others like this.
  35. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

My first short sensible "statement". Jo2 is a FIRST CLASS ASS .one.two.three.four.five.six

36. Barkingspider

Barkingspider Active Member

this site has an immense population of okole pukas, more than anywhere else. They continually gripe about the same old shit. That's why I don't contribute much if anything at all, it would be a waste of time due to the fact that you all are so narrow minded and opinionated. Have a nice day and keep smiling.
    Woody

theloudone likes this.
  37. Trap 2

38. dr.longshot

The likes of Dr.longshot, Flyersarebest, Smithy. Smoking357, Roger Covelski, and FamilyGuy, have taken up COMPETETIVE SHOOTING and letting the ATA die a slow death at the will of N1H1, directing it's rules

Drinking a sweet cold wine of your choice, and read the likes of JO2

Gary Bryant.............................Dr.longshot

39. Trap 2

You-Really-Have-No-Clue.gif

Michael McGee likes this.
  40. theloudone

theloudone Guest

After a quick look at your averages......do you have a clue?

Dr Short shot likes this.
  41. Trap 2

My statement was not directed towards you, but I see you are intent in making this a little more personal...What, if anything, do averages have to do with this discussion? I fail to see the correlation between your meaningless statement and the substance of this thread. If, however, you want to go there, let's go... I have been shooting registered targets, consistently, since 1975, and am willing to put my averages up against yours, if that's the route you want to take... I have, at this time, over 160.000 registered targets, and for the current target year, I am carrying a .9144 overall average, which includes singles, doubles, and handicap, over my last 6200 targets registered this year. All this can be verified by going to shootpita.com and click on the scores box. Type in my PITA number 30229 and you can see my current averages, and my "All Star" average... Got it? Okay, I showed you mine, now show me yours. If yours are as good or better than mine are , good on you, but, be prepared to prove it.... If not:

idiot.jpg

42. theloudone

theloudone Guest

You proved me wrong! That 84 handicap average over the last 16 years really showed me! You should probably call me names again now.....

43. Roger Coveleskie

Dan. Ignore the idiot, He adds nothing to the conversation but drivel. Ignore him and he will fade away like a fart in a wind storm. I think he has inhaled to mane exhaust fumes, probably from that rice burner in his pic. Roger Coveleskie

dr.longshot and Michael McGee like this.
  44. Michael McGee

Did anyone hear a duck farting on water?

dr.longshot and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  45. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Roger, I would be mindful of my spelling and facts when calling someone an idiot.

That photo happens to be a one of a kind all American Harley Davidson.

Leonidas likes this.
  46. Roger Coveleskie

theloudone, Does that scooter leave a blob of oil everywhere it is parked? If it does not it is not an original Harley. The pic. makes it look like it has been niggered up. (no offence meant) Just describing an ugly bike. Roger C.

dr.longshot and Ken Cerney like this.
  47. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

Roger you can't use that N word the PC for that is "A presidential solution"

wpt and dr.longshot like this.
  48. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Sometimes you should quit talking as it just shows your ignorance! No it doesn't drip! Quality American manufacturing, do you have a problem with that?

49. Roger Coveleskie

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT ALL HARLEYS DRIPPED OIL YOU HAVE NOT BEEN AROUND THEM VERY LONG.
    I was part of the team that introduced the dresser parts to the Harleys , back int the 60's. I'm sure I know a little about cycles. I have been an American manufacturer longer than you have been alive. Did I touch a nerve with the drip thing? Do you take your scooter in the house at night? You sound like a typical air headed biker. Now you have a nice day. I'm going to. Roger C.

dr.longshot likes this.
  50. theloudone

theloudone Guest

Sorry.... Didn't I mean to get you upset.... If you recall you called it a rice burner.

I think he has inhaled to mane exhaust fumes, probably from that rice burner in his pic. Roger Coveleskie

51. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Quality? You call something with a "Death Wobble" quality?

You're riding 40's/50's technology. You'd be far more comfortable on this:

[​IMG]
    Airheads are good bikes.

[​IMG]

With stupid short pipe slash-cuts that are rude and cause governments to write laws against motorcycles.

Put the stock exhaust back on.

Roger Coveleskie and dr.longshot like this.
  52. dr.longshot

I need to send you some BEAN'O NOT ONLYNARE YOUR farts lOUD, they smell awful, 3 traps downwind.

53. Trap 2

Go-away.jpg

54. dr.longshot

Grand Attendance is directly related to the 2 hole targets, too many ties money diluted, shooters have given up and stayed home

55. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

My God Gary you are really pathetic. I've seen teen age girls act more mature. If your serious about leaving a place you just do it. To me it looks like you are looking for sympathy from the other posters and you just want to be begged to stay. Are you off your meds again? Bulge.

56. dr.longshot

You do not read the threads do you, talk about Immature

Gary Bryant......................Dr.longshot

smoking357 likes this.
  57. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

Gary, if this is your thread you said it all in the title.
    I am thinking of removing myself from this site
    Discussion in 'Trap Talk' started by dr.longshot, Jul 2, 2015.

58. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Active Member Founding Member

DLS.......like the mansaid; JUST DO IT. Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Dr Short shot likes this.
  59. Lin

Lin New2trap

I'm new to trap shooting for my age (46), I started this past March. I thought it would be a great hobby to pick up since I hunt and decided to retire from chasing a little white ball around for hours on weekends. I joined the ATA, shot a few registered events and enjoy the non serious fun shoots each week. After reading through the forums, I didn't realize the high level of animosity surrounding trap shooting. I left golf clubs due to fighting, discord etc. There seems to be a lot of drama and I decided to cancel my ATA membership. I don't think I want to be involved in any controversies in the future. This has been an eye opening experience to say the least.

60. tarpmaker

tarpmaker Well-Known Member

Any time an organization is hijacked and there are folks with a passion for the sport you will hear and feel the animosity. There is a jealous love for trapshooting in some areas of the country. It shows there may be hope.

I like the passion. It gives me hope. As per ATA.....most shooters in my area don't shoot registered but it is one of the largest shooting states.

61. Lin

Lin New2trap

Like I said, I don't have a historical context but all the best in figuring it out!