Hey BIG PAPA - What’s happening at Michigan?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LimaShooter50, Jul 2, 2022.

1. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

What is happening up there? Are they up or down? Have they had ammo?
    How are the targets? Better than Ohio?

Thanks in advance.

2. boiler1

boiler1 Active Member

I can tell you we had just under 325 shooters for the singles championship yesterday. AJ'S had a very good supply of shells for sale. I myself was surprised by the amount of people there. almost felt like the old days there. and as always excellent targets.

T Jordan likes this.
  3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Had a great time, nice weather, nice shoot, soft targets, Roger had plenty of shells at normal prices. Got to shoot all week with one of my favorite shooting buddies. Do not know if the attendance was up or down. Somebody has changed a lot since we started shooting . What a wonderful young man and a lot of fun to be around. BTW, he treats us old guys with a lot of respect. I want him on my team!!!!!

RYAN-AT-STATE.jpg
    RYAN-FIRST-ATA-TROPHY.jpg
    RYAN-AND-I-2022-MTA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2022
  4. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

No rain, lots of sun except for one overcast day, and a nice breeze that kept the hot days tolerable.
    Total entries was 1932 vs 1765 (2021) for a 9.5% uptick.
    # of shooters for 2021 was 407, 2022 was 430 for a 5.6% increase.
    Same percentage of shooters were non-resident, 30% (129 vs 124).
    The MTA thanks everyone that attended.
    For those attending the High School Clay Target Nationals next week, it will be good to see you.
    For our ATA shooters, hope to see you at Mason for the Central Zone.

5. LCH

LCH Mega Poster Forum Leader

Great news. Them boys up in Michigan put on a hell of a shoot. I hope to get back there some day.

6. alf174

For several years, we've had difficulty getting vendors but one big exception has been the continued support from Michael Gooch from Indiana Gun Club. I witnessed Mike lending a $30K+ Perazzi to a junior, whose gun broke, so that he could continue shooting. An outstanding act of sportsmanship!

Thank you Mike! Michigan appreciates your support.

7. alf174

AJ Supplies has been a godsend to the MTA. Roger and Teresa's continued desire to make sure we have shells and reloading products has been nothing short of fantastic.

Thank you Roger and Teresa, the MTA can not thank you enough!

Russel Foster, BIG PAPA and T Jordan like this.
  8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member V I P

GOOCH!

9. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

I saw Gooch do the same thing in Florida. One of my squad
    mates Gun broke and Mike lent him a gun

10. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

With all the grass and green trees the target shows up way better than in Ohio.