Here it is "The Brass Banana Award"

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by BRAD DYSINGER, Dec 19, 2021.

1. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Joe Bananna 20.jpg IMG-2566 (2) 20.jpg

Here is the Brass Banana that Dave Berlet has been talking about. It was a doubles trophy that I got from the old Great Lakes Championship in 1982. We had bad trophies back then too on occasion, not always gold and cars. The picture with it dressed up in the old blue hat and bright pants was my effort to represent Joe Powell who would do some questionable things every year when we were all shooting together.

I decided to award the brass banana to anyone that I deemed had earned it at the shoots we went to that year. In fact Dave was not only the first winner when he forgot to close his 870 for the first bird of a 200 target event and then broke 199, but he was a double winner that year when he went to the line at Great Eastern for a trap and was still wearing his shell bag on his shoulder as he got ready to call pull.

Even though I was the owner, founder, and sole person responsible for awarding the brass banana I've decided that in the Christmas spirit it would be nice to have any reader on American Trap Shooter to nominate any thread, individual, or organization that in their opinion has earned the brass banana.

Since Dave is already a 2 time winner I am going to black ball him from consideration. Also this award could never have been bought, but not for sure with the $20 offered by a long time poster already, but if some Martin like money would come my way I'm sure we can work something out.

Attached Files:

2. Robert Zimmerman

Robert Zimmerman Well-Known Member Founding Member

And they made fun of the Mag Lights The Cardinal gave out. I would take 10 mag lights to 1 brass banana.

Joe Nester and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  3. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

that is a legendary trophy. im glad i got to see it and hear some of its tales.

4. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Brad how could you do this to me I'm now in a state of depression. I really believe that I could have revived material from the ancient past to get a couple more hits on the ole nanner. Sure is nice to see it all decked out in Joe Powell attire. Joe could have had enough wins to retire it. Did Bernie get the award when he got the new barrel?

Bob they make millions of cheap little flashlights, but I've only ever seen 1 brass banna especially one all decked out in full trapshooting attire.

Dave Berlet

5. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Could that be some kind of Phallic symbol?