Hand pulled targets ATA

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Rocketfan, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Rocketfan

Rocketfan Active Member

Is it a rule that all ATA targets must be voice activated?

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

3. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

You would not want to shoot over a Pat trap with hand pulls. They have a built in slow pull problem. The only thing that makes them reasonably quick on a pull is the voice activation. They are a motor surge fire machine, just like the Remington was. That is one of the reasons the Remington was not as popular as the Winchester X machine. I f you hooked up a Pat and an X mach. to the same pull cord the X machine would be 10 ft or more out of the house before you seen the target off of the Pat. Sad but true. Roger C.

4. Flor1

Flor1 Member

Which equals about one sixth of a second.

5. Roger Coveleskie

And your point is? Roger C.

6. Ron Burr

Ron Burr Member

I shot some of my best scores over Winchester Arm Buster traps with excellent human pullers.

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  7. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

8. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

I have had to hand pull PAT's several times and not one shooter noticed or said anything.

9. Roger Coveleskie

That is because they do not know how much better the X machine was on target presentation than the Pat Traps are. Many of todays shooters never experienced having a good puller and an X machine. Only machines that fire off of a solonoid can come close to the old X -TRAP' Roger C.

10. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I hand pull a Pat Trap at our club Every Thursday & Friday night

11. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

WESTERN%20WW%20sn%206566MA30208585-0060.JPG
    WESTERN WHITE FLYER "AUTO ANGLE" TRAP

Now this was a machine, and those pullers were on top of their game also.

This particular trap was the one I began setting targets on back in 1961 when I was a kid, at the Canandaigua Sportsmen's Club in NY.

A rescued piece of history.