Gun vendor pulling out

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by rookieshooter, Jul 11, 2016.

1. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

FWIW: Major gun company pulling out of Sparta after Grand...No more Sparta.

2. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

It does not surprise me if more than one Pulls out, Cost Vs Profit is what will keep them, if Profit is not worthwhile they will Pull Out, Business Decision.

Gary Bryant...................................Dr.longshot

4. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Guns Unlimited is supposed to be a new vendor for the new up-coming vendor building.
    Nice guy to do business with.

Regards......Gerald

5. Levi

Levi Member

Gerald,
    You are talking about the new building at the Cardinal Center?

6. rookieshooter

You hit the nail on the head. Now it's not written in stone yet, but all indications is this will be the last year. It's all about the location and the fact that there is not enough walk in customers the way it's all laid out. Better business at other shoots like the CC for one. Not for me to mention which gun company now. But they will still be very much involved in the sport.

7. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Could it be the last year for Lynn Gipson Quality Firearms ????

There is a rumor that the location is not the best to have a "year round" business there.

8. rookieshooter

No! I"m not talking about someone who sells different brand guns. I'm talking about a major manufacture of fine guns.
    I guess the title was a little misleading.
    Had breakfast this morning with my friend who is heavily involved with this gun co and he again said it looks like the last year at Sparta. They will still sponsor large shoots though.

9. Gerald

Levi. Correct.

I talked with the owner of Guns Unlimited last year and he said that he will have a spot in the new vendors building at Cardinal.

Construction, as far as I know, is to begin at the end of this years shooting. More good stuff to come.

Regards....Gerald

10. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The State of Illinois has always been big on restrictions when it comes to guns, ammo etc ... The State raised their taxes again and there is talk of adding additional taxes to gun and ammo purchases on the States web site ... This has not happened as of yet but is in the works according to Madigan and his tax loving cronies ... The restrictions were relaxed initially when the WSRC first opened but have slowly crept back into place as time goes by ... The States genius's want more money, so they do something to promote business then in turn set forth restrictions so you cannot do business in the State with the retailers ( Politics 101) and collect more taxes ... (This is your BRAIN, this is your brain on DRUGS, type of thing ) ... The WSRC is on Life support, so when things continue to get worse it will be short lived any way ... Once the WSRC is shuttered the ATA will see just how popular they are when others clubs will not deal with them into the future ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  11. rookieshooter

Found out this morning that this major gun company is not renewing their lease and will be packing up everything after the grand (lower case g on purpose) and moving it all to the CC which they already have a permanent building.

12. rookieshooter

...or you might say a different direction, east to the CC.

13. wpt

The WSRC is on life support and has been since the Governor shuttered the place last fall, no body wants to believe it but its only a matter of time ... The business and vendors cannot survive on a declining attendance year after year .,. You can have the so called finest facility in what could or would be considered to be one of the least likely locations where it don't draw a crowd and you end up with exactly what the WSRC has turned out to be as anticipated by many ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Gerald

My guess would be Perazzi or Beretta ???

Talking with a Jaqua rep. a few years ago, they weren't thrilled either. When you figure what it costs to send a crew there for a week or 10 days, they can probably do as well at the Cardinal shoots. But then it's the Grand.

I went to the SCTP shoot Fri. and I'm almost speechless. It was a flashback of 70's Vandalia. All that was missing was mature trees in back of the trap line.
    If I ever had any doubt that they could handle a shoot like the Grand American it's gone.

Regards....Gerald

15. wpt

Its not that the folks at Cardinal Center can't handle a shoot the size of the grand, its more they do not want to get involved and its probably in their best interest to keep it that way ... The CC folks do not need anyone telling them how to run or operate a shoot and you can bet your last dime the ATA Hot Shots (Big shots) would want to manage it and call the shots ... I think if the ATA leaves Sparta the grand is done because no club that can handle the shoot would want to be involved with it unless they ran it and managed it totally and completely without the clowns getting in their way ... That could also eliminate a lot of the cost factors involved by not having to pay for the ATA Brass Hats to attend, unless it was on their own dime ... WPT ... (YAC) ...