Gipson And His Contract

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by oleolliedawg, Oct 17, 2020.

1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

As a life member of the ATA for many years I would like to see a copy of our leader, Lynn Gipson's contract. It sure would be nice to see if he's performing at the level we expected when he was hired. Can anyone help me here?

Stan Hensel

Roger Coveleskie likes this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I have been a Life Member since 1975, I would also love to see Lynn( The Talking Head ) Gipson's contract as well as the Profit and Loss statements that Life Members used to get on an annual basis ... The last one I got was from Neil Winston a few years before he expired ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  3. Mr. D

Mr. D Active Member

Not sure you will ever get any of the BOD contracts but the financials are public record just ask for it.

Nonprofit corporations must submit their financial statements, which include the salaries of directors, officers and key employees to the IRS on Form 990 as mentioned above. Both the IRS and the nonprofit corporation are required to disclose the information they provide on Form 990 to the public. This means that nonprofits must make their records available for public inspection during regular business hours at their principal office.

4. 10ga32

10ga32 Active Member

I think it is the bonus structure theses guys want. Are there conflicts there? Must be hiding something. My attorney says they have to show the contract, especially if there are bonuses.

wpt likes this.
  5. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

I doubt you'll ever get to see Mr. Gipson's contract unless you are a member of the Board of Directors and interested enough to ask for it on the grounds that it is your duty to provide oversight of the Association. And, you might not get it then since in the past the ATA Executive Board considered employee files & wages as confidential.

BOD Goals & Objectives For E.D..jpg

Here are scans of the Executive Director's income from past Form 990s'.

2012.jpg

2013.jpg

2014.jpg

2015.jpg

2016.jpg

2017.jpg

2018.jpg

2019.jpg
    Perhaps one of our financial Gurus' can explain how and why an employee's base pay would be reduced (2013, 2015 & 2016) from the previous year.

Maybe a member of the Executive Committee will provide an answer since it is they who approves wage increases/decreases. (Highly doubtful)

BRAD DYSINGER and Seitz1113 like this.
  6. SanRemo32

SanRemo32 Active Member

The Executive Director of the ATA, makes more money than the Governor of most states.

7. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Our Delegates approved it according to the ATA's statement when they file their IRS Form 990.

"The Executive Director may receive incentive compensation contingent upon the organization meeting goals and objectives as established by the Board of Directors."

8. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Member

then what member of that board would disapprove of us seeing the contract / incentives?

Just Joe, wpt and Roger Coveleskie like this.
  9. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

What kind of benefits are non taxable to an employee? Other than medical. Roger C.

wpt likes this.
  10. 1in20

1in20 Member

Maybe free camp spot.

wpt likes this.