GAH Champion - Suspect?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by lord maker, Sep 5, 2023.

1. lord maker

lord maker Mega Poster Founding Member

It could just be me. I find it odd that a guy with 2100 lifetime cap targets before the GAH, and prior to '23 his last ATA targets were in '02, shows up on the 21.5, plays every option and breaks 100.

Just Joe and debshouseboy like this.
  2. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

I call it good shooting

3. Ed Budreau

Ed Budreau Active Member Founding Member

Don't know where you get your info but I just looked at the payout sheet. He played the 3 Lewis purses. Don't know about
    25's or 50's. He didn't play the 100's, Yardage or HOF purse. I'd say he just shot really well that day.

4. alta mira

alta mira Member

isnt there a penalty yardage for not having enough targets during the target year?
    isn't that penalty yardage--the 25 yard line?
    unless, of course you have reached the age of 70
    asking for a friend and thanks in advance

Just Joe likes this.
  5. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

The biggest"suspect" was the guy who won the GAH in 2014 had thousands of targets no punch, shooting a K-80, shot 100 st from the 18 EIGHTEEN yd line and 50 more str in a shoot off and he played all the options--there should be a couple of asterisks by his name

Just Joe likes this.
  6. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Don't be afraid to say his name. You're talking about Adam Stefkovitch. The biggest cheater in the modern era of clay target shooting in my opinion.

Those unscrupulous clubs in PA that aided in the scam should have never been allowed to throw ATA targets again.

Ed Budreau likes this.
  7. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

PS, I suspect daddy Jerome engineered the whole elaborate grift.

8. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

What the real shame was the runner-up was a senior shooter from Illinois who's shooting from the 27-it was, most likely, his last chance a @ a GAH

9. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, that poor fellow got shafted bigtime. What an outrageous abomination that was.

So if anybody wants to be pissed at the ATA, be pissed about them letting that atrocity happen and did nothing to correct it. Not that they "got rid of 3-hole targets" (which remain perfectly legal today) or that they "took the money out of trapshooting" (which they never put in in the first place, the masses of heyday suckers did).

Roy

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

You only get shafted if you play the ticket and shoot your real average.

11. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

That's failing to step up, not getting shafted.

The guy we're talking about ran them all from the 27 and got left out of the book due to blatant cheating.

12. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

One club in PA. Washington Sportsmens
    One club in WV, Brook County

And there were 3 of them that orchestrated that scam. Pay the money, keep your own score, turn in what you want. I shot with 2 of them in years past and if you shook hands with them, you had better count your fingers.

13. Roy D

Roy D Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction. I shot with them too. Karma usually catches up with their type.

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

You missed Bucks County in Doylestown!

15. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

So how many registered targets were disallowed by the ATA, also the GAH for 2014 should have been rescinded