FS: Winchester Western Clay Target Hand Trap in Excellent condition sold

Discussion in 'For Sale-Wanted to Buy' started by ClayUltra, Sep 24, 2021.

1. ClayUltra

ClayUltra Active Member

FOR SALE: Rare Winchester Clay Target Hand Trap in Excellent condition. This will throw standard trap targets as designed. The rubber target stop is pliable, the spring is in great condition. There is an accurate replacement leather strap as the original did not survive the decades. Hard to find these in this condition PLUS I have the BOX with it from Winchester Western. Museum quality.

A sale tag on the end of box showing Montgomery Wards sold it, estimate sold back in the 1950s. If this thrower could talk the stories it could tell.

Have never thrown any targets with this hand trap myself, it is too rare. Wish I had aged this well ha ha.

Asking $240, plus $10 shipping for UPS Ground delivery. Insurance is included as well.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for looking.

+
    IMG_4484.JPG IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4488.JPG IMG_4489.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4484.JPG IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4488.JPG IMG_4489.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG

2. ClayUltra

ClayUltra Active Member

Comments anyone? Ever seen anything like this? Please share, thanks. ClayUltra.

3. Michael jenis

Michael jenis Well-Known Member

Have seen the but never in that condition with the box.I,m sure the Wright guy will grab it.

4. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Mega Poster Founding Member

I think they have a few on E Bay.

Trap3 likes this.
  5. Trap3

Trap3 Mega Poster

Nice hand Trap... pretty common, not a rare hand trap. There were 4-5 variations (labels,markings,& packaging) Looks to be the last variation of the Western Hand Trap. Mfg early 1930`s to 1960`s. Several variations from my collection...

Trap3

IMG_6211.jpg

robb likes this.
  6. ClayUltra

ClayUltra Active Member

Thank you Trap 3 for the historical data on these old hand traps. Must say your collection is impeccable. Your collection would fit into a museum very nicely.
    Could you please tell me what you think my hand trap and box is worth based on the photos and your wisdom on the subject?
    Thank you kindly, ClayUltra

7. Storeman

Storeman Moderator Founding Member

I got one for Christmas 65 years ago. Still use it with my sons when we shoot on private land.

Best hand Trap made.

8. ClayUltra

ClayUltra Active Member

PRICE REDUCTION:
    $175 AND USPS OVERNIGHT SHIPPING INCLUDED.

9. ClayUltra

ClayUltra Active Member

10. ClayUltra

ClayUltra Active Member

sold pending funds