fs: Remington Model 11 Sportsman Skeet VR Set 12 And 16ga

Discussion in 'Missouri- Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm' started by bobski, Mar 23, 2022.

1. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

a sportsman skeet is rare enough. but a 12 and 16 together? hens teeth. these 1940'ish guns are factory correct. they both have factory ribs, are marked skeet, have the grip caps only found on skeet guns, and have beavertail forearms. both have honest wear from 80 years of use. both have scratches, knicks, dings, and dents. the 16 receiver appears to have been refinished at one time since it has a purple tint. the 12 amazingly has a factory length uncut stock. the 16 was cut short, has a pad installed and a slip on pad covers it, in order to bring it out to factory length and bit more. both guns work fine. its a true joy to shoot 1 1/8oz loads in either gun. you cant feel it. dont let these get away. time for new home. these are the best pics i can offer. thanks for looking. 1800.00 AS IS, NO INT SALES. LOWER 48 ONLY. FREE SHIPPING one way.
    img_3643-1105.jpg

2. bobski

more pics...
    img_3647-8845.jpg img_3648-7884.jpg

3. bobski

btt...

i will not break up the set. sorry guys. too rare.

4. bobski

btt...

5. bobski

btt...

6. Double20

Double20 Member

Just an odd question about the history of these guns. Why did they make a Sportsman Skeet in 16 gauge when 16 gauge isn't one of the 4 gauges used to shoot skeet? Was that not established until after the 1940s when these guns were made? Just curious since I have never seen a "skeet" gun in 16 gauge.

7. bobski

they allowed 16ga to be shot with 1 1/8oz loads in the 12ga event, since so many people had 16ga guns at the time; and, sub ga's werent even an event until way later in history. 16ga skeet guns are hens teeth. thus why my other ad with an early model 12 win 16ga skeet gun is so high up in value. fyi...first skeet games were played in 1932. 16ga skeet guns fell off after ww2.
    now...find me a buyer!

8. bobski

btt...

9. bobski

btt...

10. bobski

btt...

11. bobski

ok, i will break them up.
    950.00 plus ship for each. ffl to ffl..........AS IS.

12. bobski

btt...

13. bobski

btt...

14. bobski

reduced.........950.00 shipped ea. as is ffl to ffl.

15. bobski

btt...