Farmstead Restaurant Closed & Amish no more?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Jim/Canton, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Jim/Canton

Jim/Canton Mega Poster

The Homestead Restaurant is closed at the Cardinal Center. Scuttlebutt is the attorney overseeing the big change since Jack passed has closed it. I don’t see the Amish management running it in the future.

jmho. The Amish / ex Amish need to go. Eight Sisters included.

The changes coming to the CC will be good. This is one of them.

If you have more info, please post.

2. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Are you talking about the Farmstead? Didn't that change names when they turned it into a bar?

3. dfwip9x

dfwip9x Well-Known Member

Name was changed to Legacy. Good breakfast. I'll miss the place....

SanRemo32 likes this.
  4. Columbus

My only experience with them was three times during the first year of the change to Legacy. Walked out all three times due to the worst service I've ever had in a restaurant. No surprise they're closed.

5. SanRemo32

SanRemo32 Active Member

I ate every meal I could in the Legacy when attending many of the shoots at the Cardinal Center.

it has been my experience that the food and service were excellent.

6. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Bummer, going have to travel a few miles now for breakfast. Maybe they'll lease the facility to another business.

SanRemo32 likes this.
  7. Trapcountry

Trapcountry Active Member

One more American business closed up.

8. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

What gave the attorney power to close it? Why would Jacks kids want it closed if they were getting rent? Jack didn't want it closed or he would have done it.

9. Columbus

From their webpage:

Friends and family of Legacy,

It’s with sadness in our heart that we’re announcing the closing of our doors for good next month. We can assure you this decision was not easy, and every possible option was explored to avoid this. We are heartbroken for our staff and all of our loyal guests.

Life has been chaotic for everyone these last few years, and unfortunately that doesn’t even begin to describe the situation for restaurants. Food shortages, supply chain disruption and staffing challenges were just a few of the many issues we’ve been battling since last year. As opposed to focus on the negatives, we want to reflect on the countless positive interactions, relationships and memories that happened in our little restaurant. Those are what we will cherish, and the Legacy will always live on in our hearts.

We would say thank you, but that falls incredibly short of the message we want to convey to all of you. YOU are the reason we were able to stay open as long as we did, and we are forever grateful for all of the many loyal guests that have walked through our doors. From Farmstead to Legacy, we have been graced with so many beautiful smiles, and that’s the Legacy we’ll remember. That’s the Legacy that will live on. That’s the Legacy that will never close!

From all of us here, we’d love to see you one last time. Our last official day in business will be Saturday, November 6th. The menu may be limited, so bear with us. We will be open and continuing to serve the same quality food with a smile until then!

We have one ask of you. Please. Support our local restaurants! The struggle is real out there, and we don’t want to see more amazing restaurants share our fate. Everyone has the same problems we are facing, so please, come in with an open mind, and be understanding. The food may take a few extra minutes and your favorite meal may be out that day. Seriously, skip the fast food next time, and try something new from your local eatery. It will mean more than you know!!!

It’s been an honor to serve such an incredible community.

Thank you for the memories…

The Legacy Crew

Dobyns likes this.
  10. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

See my update, wings anyone?