Entry level trap gun?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by rrisum, Aug 17, 2021.

1. rrisum

rrisum Mega Poster

Trying to find a entry level trap gun for a field gun shooter - He is thinking about a Browning BT 99 -- The BT 99 have been around for ever - So I started Checking around for a new one for him --Thinking a new BT 99 with a adjustable comb so he could grow into shooting a higher point of impact gun -- The problem I ran into , Talking to Guns unlimited, all the new BT 99 are 80/20 guns to start? -- So why are they offering a adjustable comb on a gun that starts out at 80/20 that only will adjust up? What should I be looking for to get a flatter shooting entry level gun with a adjustable comb ?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Personally, I think that would be about right even for a new shooters being as new shooters usually shoot where the target is, not where its going (up) on the rise ... Is there any way you can get a gun for this shooters to try being as there are so many of them out there ..? The adjustable comb will be to his/her advantage as he/she progress's so it can move the point of impact up gradually over time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Debo

Debo New Member

My new BT-99 Micro with adj B&C shoots 60/40 out of the box. I read the plus model shoots higher. I am a newer shooter that started with a field gun to shoot trap. I am in love with the BT.

4. Bryan Walker

Bryan Walker Member

I'd say the best thing to do is to contact browning to find out. I dont see it listed on their website but I didn't think they went to 80/20 for all of them. If so, you could buy a used bt99 that shoots flatter and install an adjustable comb. Another option is an adjustable add-a-rib you could get for 200-250. They are great guns.