E-mail from a buddy

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by geno 12, Nov 24, 2020.

1. geno 12

geno 12 Active Member

Here is an e-mail I received from one of the guys I shoot with who has just gone thru knee replacement. His club like ours is closed.
    "Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and please stay safe as you can not have a better group of friends as you all ! life would be shit without each and every one of you.Bless you all !! " Stay safe

2. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

That's nice that he was thinking about his fellow club members.

Our club Pres sent out an email last Tuesday thanking everyone that came to the club Turkey shoot on the 15th of Nov. Even though that was the Sunday with the 50-60 mph winds they still had enough people to give 40+ turkeys away.

This years Easter Ham shoot had about 20 more than that. And we expect the Christmas shoot numbers to be better than Easters. I don't think we ever did close. The winter league is going strong and off hours Trap and Skeet is always doing well.

Our club is up on the top of a hill and the "wirus" can't get past the electric gate unless it has a key fob or pass card. You think that sounds funny or silly? It is. Just as silly as thinking a mask made out of a handkerchief is going to protect you or anyone else.

Oh, this stuff is real. The problem is, and the doctors won't/can't admit, that THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO SLOW IT DOWN OR STOP IT. Hell they don't even know how it moves around but they tell us what to do. Right!

Like 3 year old kids with hammers. To them EVERYTHING is a nail. Throw enough crap against the wall and some of it just might stick. Same thing! I wear a mask when I HAVE to. I put it on 2 seconds before I walk into a building and take it off as I'm walking through the door on the way out.
    Stay safe