Disappointing day

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by LenV, Mar 12, 2021.

1. LenV

LenV Active Member

So I’ve been laying low due to weather and covid and haven’t shot since last November. During my time off I bought the gun of my dreams (same model Krieghoff I’ve been shooting just prettier). Today was my first day out shooting and I was terrible. Hoping it’s just being out of practice but what a disappointment after looking forward to today for the past four months. Anyone else coming out of winter hibernation and struggling?

Jim/Canton likes this.
  2. turbo38gn

turbo38gn obsessed newbie

I can't say I was in hibernation... But I will say, it's been a bad winter shooting for me. I had a macular hole develop in my right eye last summer. I'm a one eyed shooter and I shoot righty.... Well, my shooting days as a righty are over, but I jumped right back in shooting lefty, things went great for a month or 2, worked my way back into the 20's pretty quickly during the fall. This winter has been terrible, been all over the place, I could shoot a 23,24 one round and a 17 the next, mostly 18 to 21's .... that sucks, I expected to run back to consistent 22-25's .. just not happening. Granted where we shoot, wind is an issue most days, temps in the 20 to 30's ... but I still expected to do better .. oh well... I'll keep plugging and hope I can get more consistent focus during my rounds. I seem to smoke most hits, but when I miss, I miss badly. Come on spring!!!

Family Guy likes this.
  3. LenV

LenV Active Member

Yeah that doesn’t sound like much fun. Hope the warmer weather brings you better and more consistent results.