Dillion 900

Discussion in 'Reloading Bench' started by Trapstarr, Mar 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trapstarr

Trapstarr Hall monitor

Thinking of upgrading from MEC 9000 to Dillion 900. Does anyone have any experience with the Dillion?

Lloyd Reed likes this.
  2. Ken Cerney

Ken Cerney HOF Muscoda Gun Club Past Wisconsin Director Founding Member HOF Muscoda Gun Club

I use one that I have had for 20 years. Works good like any loaders keep them clean an lubed.

Duck likes this.
  3. Shooter11

Shooter11 Isaiah 30:18

It's a beautiful well built machine, but it looks more professional than the MEC 9000 that i use.

4. Dan 513

Dan 513 Member

Have two. Love them. Looking for # 3.

5. Lloyd Reed

Lloyd Reed Active Member

I have one and it’s fast but the big plus is the handle is positioned for the best leverage for less shoulder fatigue/wear and tear. The other big plus is no changing bars or powder bushings. Mine doesn’t have an auto hull loader and I really don’t miss it. It’s built like a tank and comes with Dillons no bs warranty. It’s easy and intuitive on adjustments too. My biggest like is the low amount of effort to run the machine compared to any of my Mecs.
    Downside is there is more of a learning curve compared to my Mecs, but that goes for my Hornady 366 too.

6. Macintyre

Macintyre New Member

I've been using two the better part of twenty years. One is for 12 gauge and I change tool heads (ten minutes at the outside) to load 20 or 28. I agree with the other replies as to how good they are, not to mention how fast. I have learned to keep them clean, like any other machine. Side note: I think when Dillon first began producing the 900, there was some thought about making one in .410; one of my boxes has an option for checking "410." If they had, I'd have one.

7. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

guys, trappstarr got poofed. he was a scammer. im locking this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.