Delegates say they don't have responsibilities - BYLAWS?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Family Guy, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

I was quizzing my delegate from Ohio at a formal meeting. He seemed to be trying to explain why he had no clue as to what the goals were for the ATA Executive Director. He even admitted he never saw the contract. That despite the ATA's tax papers saying the bonuses were approved by the delegates.

Who is lying?

The Delegate said the Tax Statement was false.

As I remember he said the Delegates gave the authority to the EC to negotiate contracts.

Did the Delegates change the bylaws saying they have no responsibilities?

2. Family Guy

The Michigan delegate discussed here the reasons the Delegates are clueless about the goals set for the ATA Executive Director...."The power to write and approve such documents was long ago granted to the EC by the Delegates."

So were the Delegates successful at removing their responsibilities? Let's take a look at the ATA Bylaws. As per ATA Bylaws as now written....

The affairs of the corporation shall be managed by its Board of Directors. #10 page 70

Section 2: Duties. (a) The Board of Directors shall have the duty to outline and put in force the General Policy of the Amateur Trapshooting Association

How can that be? It appears none of the delegates have seen the goals given to the Executive Director for the management of the ATA. Despite the fact the they are charged with that duty in the Bylaws.

3. Family Guy

What if the Delegates are too busy?
    It is the job of the membership to hold the delegates accountable. But what if Delegates doing their duty takes more time? The Michigan Delegate implied that legitimate role call voting, which would have eliminated the secret voting, would have taken an extra 30 minutes this year.

So how did your Delegate vote? It is a secret. What are the goals given to the Executive Director in his bonus plan? Secret too.

4. Family Guy

Do you have a right to inspect the documents of the ATA? That would include contracts right?

According to ATA Bylaws
    Members shall have any right of inspecting any account, book or document of this corporation except as conferred by statute, unless authorized by a resolution of the Members or Directors;

5. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

A wise purveyor of upland game birds once told me the longer you go without shooting registered ATA targets the easier it gets to not go back. In my younger days I thought I could help save/bring back ATA registered shooting, at least in my home state. I found out the ATA EC not only doesn’t want our help, they go out of their way to make sure the downward spiral continues. Not that I ever doubted the aforementioned seller of winged things, but his words of wisdom seem to be sinking in more and more these days. My advice to Family Guy would be to adopt the philosophy of left eye dominate, right handed shooting, feather selling, old duck hunter. I know my blood pressure sure got a lot better when I did! And…..Let’s go Brandon!!!!

6. paBOB

paBOB Well-Known Member

Skip is gone in PA. Our new delegate is happy to get a parking spot. Same as Skip.

7. butterly

butterly Mega Poster

Remove your delegate. The ATA will continue to fail without leadership. There is none that I can see.

8. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

As I understand, a bunch of the Delegates didn't even get into the zoom meeting.

Ron Burdick

BRAD DYSINGER and Family Guy like this.
  9. CCfan

CCfan Active Member

Far fetched story? Could be an ATA Delegate will drop by and tell us otherwise.

10. Got Beagles

Got Beagles Active Member

Crickets from all. Including OH delegate? Lololol.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  11. PaulLori27

PaulLori27 Active Member

Wait wait wait!

What about the new President? Didn’t a bunch come on the site saying what an upstanding person he is? And he didn’t throw a hissy fit when all decided to keep the votes secret? And he is the great leader from Detroit?

This IP address is calling bullshit!

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  12. Jersey Giant

Jersey Giant Active Member

It could be the Delegates are clueless as to what their jobs really are. How many have read the ATA bylaws?

13. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

This thread needs bumped to the top as a reminder of what is going on with the ATA leadership/delegates.

14. Family Guy

15. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

A year and and 8 months from my last post on this thread and nothing has changed. PaBob Skip is gone from everywhere as far as I can tell. I think I saw his picture on my milk carton at breakfast. I can't name ONE EC member today. Without looking it up I wonder how many on here can name one? I only met our Ohio delegate a couple of times but he didn't make a very good first impression with me when I did. He didn't seem to have a trap shooters mentality to me, but I remember the old guys and maybe there aren't any of them around anymore.

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Skip is gone and PA is surging forward-not! Same prima donnas shooting the same best banks shoot after shoot for 25 years. Vendors have mostly disappeared, turnouts going down, harder to pay the bills, and targets tend to suck unless you're special. What's not to like?