Delegate Meeting When and Where

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Smithy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

So we have a big meeting to attend. When and where?

2. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ ANNUAL MEETING The ATA Board of Directors and alternate Delegates will
    meet in the East Wing of the Event Center at 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 12 for their annual business meeting.

That is straight out of the program, page 24 notices.

3. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

Who is invited to attend this "Delegate Meeting" Is this something new, will all Delegates be attending is there an agenda. Maybe someone can answer these and your questions
    ( where, when).
    Sorry Wishbone we must have been typing together. The meeting you describe is their annual meeting that is a closed meeting Delegates only.

4. Smithy

We might have to change the rules.

5. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

OldPhart,
    I think that is the meeting they are after.
    The plan seems to show up in great numbers and take over the organization,
    I have copied Gary's post below.
    I am not clear who the new EC or BOD will be.

Let's invade the ATA meeting in Sparta with a complete consortorium of ATA Members behind a group of Life Members to assume all of the offices, Have an block put on all ATA money holding, Bank Accounts, Certificates of Deposit Checking Accounts, and have a new bonded Treasurer/Secretary/President/and an Group of ATA Attorney Life Members do a take-over.

Freeze all ATA assets, we know where they are, and with whom!!!!

I would make the drive and participate in the Take-Over, I am a Life Member of the ATA.

How many of you members would participate in a take over?

Take over issue is Malfeasence of Office/and Officers/

A Hostile Takeover of the ATA for the betterment of the ATA.

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot

6. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

Assuming business as usual, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, seven PM in the eastern conference room of the Event Center, WSRC, Sparta, IL.

Bring coffee. It's not as exciting as you probably imagine and caffeine will help you get though it.

By the way, the first order of business is to appoint a Sargeant-at-Arms. He's ex-Highway Patrol and knows his job. Everyone who behaves themselves is entirely welcome, of course, and I think some of the posters here might enjoy it. I certainly plan to, maybe even meet you all there, by name. I particularly hope to find out exactly what Longshot meant when he wrote that Roger is "on board;" will we finally see the talk here put into motions and voted on? I sincerely hope so! In any case, you can meet with Delegates in the breaks and tell your stories. I'm sure you will find them polite.

For those here who have found ATA registered targets too easy to even bother with there is an "International" event all day Monday and Tursday. Winner gets his or her name on a trophy in the Trapshooting Hall of Fame Museum. Go for it!

N1H1

Ed Yanchok likes this.
  7. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

N1H1 I did not realize it was open to all members. How long does it usually run?

I will try to attend. I am not traveling alone so I may be dragged in a different direction.

Thanks

8. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

Wishbone:
    I believe the meeting is open to all. You are not allowed to talk or vote.

Ron Burdick

9. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

Thanks Ron

I would like to attend the meeting at least once, hopefully this is the year.

10. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

It's usually the rule that organizations are forbidden from holding major meetings at inconvenient, out-of-the-way, remote or distant venues.

Is this the new ATA championship event? So the ATA made a major jump all the way from ATA targets to International to determine its champion? Talk about a learning curve.

11. Smithy

Is the patrolman your favorite?

n.jpg

smoking357 likes this.
  12. Fargo2

Fargo2 Well-Known Member

We could make a party out of it. Who brings the beer?

13. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

W-bone, the first hour or so just pretty-much drags on with reports (the treasurer's is interesting) and so on. Then there's a break for (private) voting for VP's and the ATA President, then the action starts with "New Business." I think this will open the eyes of anyone who haunts this website. What you will see is 50/60 serious officers with many, many combined lifetimes of experience with registered shooting simply trying to make the best decisions for the organization (as the by-laws require.) They are smart, articulate, and dedicated. And opinionated.

Discussion can be heated and revealing of the diversity of opinion on the Board of Directors on what is the best path to follow. You will be treated to cogent arguments you may have never heard, never thought of, opinions so different from your shooting friends, no matter if you are from Ohio or anywhere else, your head will swim. I think you will be impressed.

Then your job will be come back here and compare what you have been exposed to as the work of serious people who really, really have taken on the job of running the ATA to the craziness which typifies this site, the simplistic arguments, the dangerous ideas. I certainly plan to report back to the voters of Ohio what Longshot meant by Roger being "on board" and my estimate of whom he is on board with.

Plan on maybe three/four hours; you may luck out with fewer but your time will not be wasted no matter what, even if nothing much happens, which is the most common outcome.

Yours in Sport,

N1H1

Ed Yanchok likes this.
  14. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

N1H1
    That does sound like a must see.

Thanks

15. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

Most of the meetings that I have attended are pretty dull not much action, I was at the meeting when N1H1 was elected to the VP of his zone. That's a few years ago at Vandalia

16. fpr

fpr New Member

Just a heads up.....

The State and IDNR may not have funds but there will be security at the grounds like always. Expect to see a few more HLS vans then we did before.

hsc.jpg

17. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

I don't one plans an undertaking of this size without being prepared for all the contingencies.
    Right Gary??

18. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

There is no way in hell Gary would show up. All talk and no action!

19. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Except for that "action" in being a better shooter than you.

The guy's missing a foot, and he's still doing more to improve Trap than you. Knock off your personal attacks, troll.

Leonidas likes this.
  20. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Another reason to hold events on private property.

21. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

The whole point was to attend the meeting and take control of the ATA.

Do you have a new plan?

22. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Have fun storming the castle.

For what?

23. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

That's what I figured.

24. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

I don't see "figuring," at all. Figuring takes work. What I'm seeing is a lot of supposition, presumption and attacks on Longshot.

25. Wishbone

Wishbone Mega Poster

That's is funny.

I'll look for you in Sparta.

LOL

26. AZCOTRAP

AZCOTRAP Mega Poster Founding Member

Don't forget to take a picture and post it of Doctor Longshot display at new HOF showing all his accomplishments and contributions for a lifetime of shooting ATA.

27. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

I've already seen The Brick at Trapshooting Central.

28. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

29. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The problem is you would need a permit that I doubt would be issued or you could be arrested for inciting a riot ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.