Declined to take one

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by Old1Eye, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Old1Eye

Old1Eye Old 1 Eye

[​IMG]
    On a rainy afternoon in New York City, a group of protesters were gatheredoutside the grocery store handing out pamphlets on the“evils” of America.

I politely declined to take one.

There was an elderly woman behind me and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester gently put her hand on the old woman's shoulder and in a patronizing voice said, "Don't you care about the children of Iraq or our black children in America?"

The old woman looked up at her and said: "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam.

All three died so a naïve, privileged, ignorant, self-centred white bimbo like you would have the right to stand here and badmouth our country.

If you touch me again, I'll shove this umbrella up your ass and open it."

2. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

In Italian neighborhoods in Brooklyn-used to hear "give 'm the umbrella, if your really in for it give'm a beach umbrella"

3. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

crazy question, but where did you get that pic of the woman? it looks like my ex's mother and she was living in the tri-state area.

Bhntr likes this.
  4. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Looks like the old grandmother in "The Gang Who Couldn't Straight' her best quote was "don't take no BS"