debit an credit cards?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by space gun, Jul 30, 2016.

1. space gun

space gun Active Member

I do not understand why the ATA doesn't buddy up with Visa or Master card and offer it to members!
    I go to the Cardinal center alot, I can pay for anything at the sporting clays course with my card, I can buy pop at the practice trap with my card, even use it at most vendors (even the little green trailer for a sandwich or ice cream) however for targets it's cash or check!
    Does anyone know if it's an ATA thing? Cardinal thing? It just seems to me in this day and age it only makes sense to be more flexible. my 2 cents, I just need to vent...

RainClay and wpt like this.
  2. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Space Gun, You can use your credit card at the Grand for everything but options. It is not used for options because of the percentage taken by the card company. ROGER C.

3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I had a Visa or Master Charge card that was issued by a bank who then gave a percentage to the ATA every time it was used ... The ATA made so many members so happy with the way they were doing things most of the people that I know as well as myself never used them ... They were just another credit card and could be used the same as any other card with no annual fee ... I closed that account and a few others, to make my wallet a little thinner ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  4. Smokintom

Smokintom Mega Poster Founding Member

Roger I believe he`s referring to using a card at the Cardinal Center.

5. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Spacegun, OOPS. my bad. You would have to talk to the people at Cardinal. I'm sure they would give it some consideration.They can negociate a low percentage with the card company. It may raise their target count also. Roger C.

6. RainClay

RainClay Member

I always wondered why it's like that at the cardinal center. I personally don't like carrying cash along most of the time and I think it would be of benefit for all if they put it into consideration.

dr.longshot likes this.
  7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member Founding Member

Consider the result..Card co. charge for their service 3% or more plus their set-up monthly fees for the service...Prices that everyone bitch about to start with would have to be raised to accommodate the charges. Convenience, yes, expensive, yes, to the vendor. I realize that some folks live on the plastic cards. But some business just don't wish to pay the fees to offer the so called convenience.