Civics lesson on the workings of the ATA

Discussion in 'Off Topic!' started by President Clinton, Jan 23, 2015.

1. I have been shooting registered birds since before Chelsea was born. But there is a lot of mystery and things I don't know regarding the ATA and how it is governed? And quite frankly, with keeping Bill on his short leash, I have never taken the time to research and find answers. I can only assume that there are countless other second ammendment supporters who visit this site who may have the same questions I have.

So here is what I know: Each state has an ATA delegate and an alternate that is voted in by the state's membership. I know that the state delegate is responsible for investigating issues that occur within his or her home state. After this, everything is a little fuzzy to me.

And so, here are some questions that I think might help some of us registered shooters better understand our organization:

1) Outside of the duties associated with their home states, what is the role of the 50 delegates?
    In other words, what does a delegate do at the annual meeting? What does he have the power to vote to change and what goes beyond the scope of a delegate?

2) What is the Executive Counsel? Who is the Executive Counsel composed of? What does the Executive Counsel do and how often do they do it? How does an Executive Counsel member become an Executive Counsel member? What types of issues are issues for the Executive Counsel to consider and take action versus the annual meeting with the 50 delegates?

I guess in a nutshell, tell us how an idea becomes a rule within the ATA.

Neil Winston, I hope you will consider offering your valuable insight in this thread. Thank you in advance.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Guest

Thanks, Hillary. But I have too many other claims on my time to contribute. I'll drop in now and then to see what happens; count on me!

Neil

President Clinton likes this.
  3. Bulge

Bulge Active Member

Time for a pee break.
    Hilary at urinal..jpg