Cardinal Classic down....

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Wayne Botts, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Gerald

Gerald Mega Poster Founding Member

Oleo has it right. i started ATA shooting in the early 70s in my early 30s.
    lots of shooters i met were 50 or close to it.
    You would need a legal pad to list all the deceased ones today.
    Youth is doing well but will they stick with it ?
    Best we can hope for.

Regards…….Gerald

debshouseboy and wpt like this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The number of attendees at the grand as it is today could very easily be handled on many less traps with a little co operation .... There have NEVER been enough shooters attending the grand where they absolutely had to use the entire trap line (NEVER as in NEVER) to complete the days shooting at a reasonable time ... If it would be done right the Cardinal Center could handle the number of shooters that attend and more based on attendance records ... The Cardinal Center seems to be doing quite well without the grand but if by chance the grand went to Cardinal Center and there was a need to expand I'm betting they would make the adjustments and expand as needed ... There is no need for a 3 1/2 mile trap line because the day won't come where it will be fully utilized for a multitude of reasons ... (Never have enough squads), (not have enough help) , or essential needs that far from the HUB ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Flyersarebest and John Trap like this.
  3. Rn3

Rn3 Well-Known Member

What, you only going to have 1 event a day.