Cardinal Center Forgetting to Charge for Sparta Items?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Smithy, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

Why is it the Cardinal Center does not charge extra for Porta Potties, hand washing stations, and ice water? You get these charges on the kiddos at Sparta.

Bad management?

2. langer

langer Well-Known Member

Price for Porta Potties these days?

3. Dustydoo

Dustydoo New Member

I do not understand ? Are you saying Sparta has a fee for using porta potty?

4. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The Politicos in Illinois need to raise money , lots of it, so if they could they would charge for the air that we breath plus tax and a bag of chips ... The tax rates in the State of Illinois are right up there and will be much higher if Madigan gets his way ... The State of Illinois is known for corruption and mafia type tactics to pressure the residents of same to pay, pay, and pay or else ... The latest tax increases average 40% on real estate making some peoples tax bills higher than their mortgage ... The cost of shooting will no doubt get increased to major proportions once the amendments are taken into consideration on the lease so the ATA can pick up the tab ... One of the prettiest sights I had ever seen was Illinois in my rear view mirror when I was leaving and relocating far enough away so even the smell subsided ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Smithy

Event group such as Glock , SCTP pay $65 - $125 per event.

6. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Surely you jest!

7. Smithy

That is a per port potty charge.

8. wpt

Thats a bunch of Chit if there ever was some ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. mango

mango Member

This could be the answer moving forward. Porta - potty charges are the answer. We can have porta - potty events and sponsors.

The lucky number on the end of your score could get you in a shit off.

sabcon likes this.
  10. PumpgunBob

PumpgunBob Well-Known Member

Smithy ,

Where on earth did you come up with this information?

11. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Guessing he found it here ....

Glock and SCTP lease almost exactly the same.

Attached Files:

12. wpt

This must be something that has not been mentioned or slide in under the radar, we used to have Porta Potties but the club absorbed the cost and paid for them out of the profits ... There should be no surprise someone is going to pay for any and all comforts, like it or not ... The cost are passed on , its the American way (probably Canada also) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

WPT
    Not so sure that philosophy holds water in this case. The Cardinal Center does not charge as much for the whole package with or without porta potties. Most of the facilities at the CC are permanent structures. If I remember right bank 2 , pavilion/ concession, and east end buildings.

There are sinks there. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR HAND WASHING.

Also news breaking soon that that the Cardinal Center is building a new lodge on the west end near the berms. Bathrooms there and classrooms included. Lodge similar to sporting clays lodge.

Again NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR HAND WASHING.

wpt and History Seeker like this.
  14. wpt

No extra charge for hand washing, novel idea ... Illinois does nothing by the same book any one else does, thats a gimmie ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. 320090T

320090T Mega Poster Founding Member

I'm reading "event" to mean one wedding or one shoot. During the Grand would that be a day charge or a 10 day shoot charge?

16. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

You need to understand a "State" budget to be able to understand a "lease" with a "State".

There is not just one big "State" checking account to "pay" for x-number of "porta potties". There has to be "money" in the budget to pay for any nonrecurring items. That requires someone to put it in a budget. Then it has to be approved. Then have enough money for each line item, without having too much money in that line.

A lease with a "State" is going to be "bare-bones". A lease with a "private ownership" is much easier to add amenities like "porta potties, hand washing stations, and ice water".

17. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

NEW MINI-MU (25).JPG You need to understand a "State" budget to be able to understand a "lease" with a "State".

Yes, we need to understand a "Lease" with a "State"

That is that how the LEASE with the state got signed to GIVE the new THOF Museum building to the State, on Leased State Property?

That one still makes me wonder if any of the THOF BOT read any of that LEASE before they gave approval.

It's no secret, in my Will I have now left the OHIO THOF first refusal (free of charge) of my meager collection of Trapshooting Memorabilia. I feel strongly that the articles donated to this museum will get a whole lot more of the general public, as well as shooters seeing them than the THOF museum in Sparta.

Location, and the amount of time that the museum is open was my deciding factor.

ltsc1 and wpt like this.
  18. User 1

User 1 Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

They may have all "read" the "lease", but it may as well been written in a foreign language. Because you need to be qualified enough to understand what you sign.

When the focus becomes personal perks, who takes the time to consult someone to "advise" you to a "smart" decision ????

Michael McGee likes this.
  19. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

Most of the expenses incurred by Lessee are by the day. I obtained a copy of the IDNR-SSSF Lease agreement and realized the true cost for the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation in holding their youth championships at the World Shooting & Recreational Complex. They made a very wise choice (financially) with their decision to relocate. Here is a summary list of expenses contained from the lease agreement. See Section 15, j to answer the above questions:

WSRC EXPENSE-Expenses Incurred By Lessee.jpg

Additionally, the Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation was also required to pay in advance, an annual fee of $3,000, identified in the lease as a "Premises Use Fee."

WSRC EXPENSE-Premises Use Fee.jpg

Hopefully, readers will understand that I offer this information for the purpose of education and not to disparage anyone. Most of us have no idea of the complexities within lease agreements of the ATA, IDNR, WSRC, State Associations or any other organization involved in shooting sports. It's long over due that we start paying closer attention, seeking more detail and asking for reasons necessary for proposed changes.

I know I am a bit naïve, but I still think organizations should be divulging important information to their interested members, without the need for asking.

HB

20. wpt

R. " The air that they breath" ...

Thank you HB for posting, I agree 100% that many things should be told without having a need for asking ... Itemization adds up in a damn quick hurry ... the only thing you get for Nuthin, is Nuthin and its usually worth what you pay for it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

History Seeker likes this.
  21. ltsc1

ltsc1 Active Member

Looks like a great collection

22. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Thanks !

HB got me into this fabulous world of Trapshooting history, and now I just collect the old things that fit in.

Someday, I hope not soon though, the little collection will be at the CC for all to see.

wpt likes this.