Cardinal Center and the SCTP National Shoot

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by space gun, Jul 12, 2016.

1. space gun

space gun Active Member

I took my grandsons there today, just to check things out! WOW I was really impressed. Loads of vendors (the most I have ever seen at the Cardinal) campers everywhere. Outstanding raffle with tons of guns and everthing you can think of. Trap, Pistol, Skeet, Crazy quail, 5 stand, Sporting clays and bunker.
    Everyone I talked with love the place! I would say this is the start of a long relationship between the Cardinal and the STCP.

wpt and History Seeker like this.
  2. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Great to hear this about the place SG !

Thanks for letting us know what you, and others you spoke with thought !

Always interesting to see these opinions because I always thought that Jack Fishburn went all out for the shooters, young and old.

3. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Pictures, we need pictures .... The more the better, pictures are good ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Just came back from there - my granddaughter isn't shooting until tomorrow and Saturday but it was college recruitment day and she wanted to see what was what. I've been to every trap shoot at CC for the last 5 years. More vendors and more people today than I've ever seen. Pistol competition going, solid line of cars and carts on the road to the skeet field, vendors full of kids and parents; a few camp sites open but for the most part they're packed all the way to the West end. The Farmstead packed for lunch, and it's only Thursday - everyone seemed pumped up and happy - looks like CC is doing a good job. And don't forget, the 3-day Mid Summer Classic at CC starts a week from tomorrow. Busy, busy times for Luke, Jake and the rest of the Fishburn crew.

5. Balding Eagle

Balding Eagle New Member

The CC was very busy today and the awards are still being handed out.
    Quality shooters from all over the country.
    Great to see respectfully young people enjoying a game without a joystick!!

wpt likes this.
  6. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff US Navy Retired US Navy Retired Founding Member Forum Leader Official Historian Member State Hall of Fame

I made the nearly 9 hour drive out to witness the SCTP Championships myself and to look at the new rifle, pistol, skeet and practice sporting clays ranges. The place is now a "shooter's paradise."

I've never seen so many young shooters at one shoot.

I was unable to post pictures. I assume there was too much online activity.

I'll try again tomorrow when the kids are out shooting. I'll make one more attempt tonight to post a couple of the awards ceremony.

There were a lot of happy young shooters and their parents tonight.

wpt and jhunts like this.