Calcutta at Williams County Ohio Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Joe Nester, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Joe Nester

Joe Nester Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2022
    alf174 likes this.
  2. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Active Member

It's been 6-8 years since I've been to one of these...

Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as attendance? Should we presquad? We'll likely have a gang coming from SW Michigan.

Also, are they shooting it the same as years ago...two traps shooting 50 per trap?

Thanks, Steve V.V.

alf174 likes this.
  3. Joe Nester

Normally we will have 80 to 90 shooters. Not sure what normal is anymore.... I currently have 6 full squads of pre-squad, plus 5 individuals. We have 5 traps, one will be practice, the other 4 are program traps. Odd numbered squads will start on one bank of 2 traps, and shoot 25 target per trap. Even numbered will start on the other bank, and shoot 2 traps, 25 each. Then come in and warm up, get some good food, and once everyone has shot 50, we make the turn for the 2nd 50, and rotate to the other 2 traps you have not shot yet. Let me know if you want to pre-squad, my number is on the flyer.
    Joe

Double Trouble and alf174 like this.
  4. alf174

alf174 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Steve, they had 88 shooters last year, 81 participated in the Calcutta. Total option payout was $13,925, calcutta purse was $8275, the rest split between Lewis, Purse, and 50's.
    Hope to see you there, Jeff

Double Trouble likes this.
  5. alf174

Joe, I sent you a request for pre-squad - post 3 preferred ATA yardage is 26. Thanks, Jeff Stolaruk

6. Just Joe

Just Joe Administrator Staff Member

It would be cool if someone took some pictures.

7. Joe Nester

Got you covered Jeff- sent you an email. And might I say you have a dandy memory! Or a camera in your phone.....

8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Active Member

Joe and Jeff,
    Thanks for the replies. I like how everyone has to shoot each trap. I'll have to work on getting a pre-squad together soon. Looking forward to coming down again! Steve

BRAD DYSINGER, JSKOLAR1 and alf174 like this.
  9. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Joe if my eyes were better I'd be up there trying to get that money.

10. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

Brad, if u missed a target u could always blame it on your eyes. LOL.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  11. Joe Nester

Brad you should still come shoot it. I'll look for my old Sony Walkman, and you can tune in some classic rock. Used to work, right?

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  12. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

they can be fixed at the right place. you just had laser you probably need the laser again and cataract surgery

13. BIG PAPA

Make sure this one is on your calendar. Best Calcutta in Ohio. Good turnout, great payoff and wonderful food at reasonable prices. This club is very shooter friendly and goes out of there way to make you feel welcome. Brad, they will give you a permission slip even if you do not shoot.

14. BIG PAPA

We are a few days away from one of the best shoots in Northwest Ohio. Great shoot, great club and great food at fair prices. Who's going?

alf174 likes this.
  15. alf174

I'll be there, first squad out due to a family commitment late in the afternoon.

16. BIG PAPA

I also have a family commitment that will not permit me to shoot, but I will be there to help with the calcutta auction. It's only 1.5 hour drive each way. LOL

alf174 likes this.
  17. Joe Nester

I've got right at 60 pre-squadded now- which is a very good number for this shoot. We could be pushing 90 to 100 shooters. Just talked with Roger Brenner, he is in Ohio! Maybe he can give us a weather report. We have all new PAT traps, new voice releases, I've bought just enough propane to keep heat in the clubhouse through Saturday, and food will be available! Remember we have a liberal CAP requirement of 1000 targets going back to 2000, or minimum of 23 yards. Flyer is above, if you have questions let me know. Auction is 10:30 Dick- thanks for helping us out!

Joe

alf174 likes this.
  18. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Let me help ya out with that weather report Joe. Look for scattered daylight during the early am hours followed by heavy bidding around lunchtime. It will be raining money by late afternoon / early evening!