Buckeye Down Almost 5% Why?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Warren61, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Warren61

Warren61 Active Member

RJ has the Buckeye down almost 5%. Any thoughts as to why they were down?

2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

I would think if they are down 5%, that would be cause 5% less shooters showed up to shoot ..? Common sense, logic, and reasoning if applied would probably get most people to think the same thing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Barnett and Michael McGee like this.
  3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I think the forecast of very heavy lightning and Thunder showers had something to do with it, I did see Campers pulling trailers and motorhomes left Sunday morning. RJ Stuarts attitude is not in the best interest of the Cardinal, He is making decisions that should be left up to Shoot Management.

Gary Bryant...............................Dr.longshot

4. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Could you elaborate please.

5. space gun

space gun Active Member

The weather report definitely hurt, I know several that decided a day or two before they were holding off because of the forecast. The fear of banks 5 and 6 also scared a few off.

6. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

As Daron Handy says
    When stepping to the line, you only have to beat 10 per cent of the competitors. The other 90 per cent will defeat themselves due to a poor mental attitude towards their own shooting ability.

Ron Burdick

History Seeker, wpt and Just Joe like this.
  7. wpt

Ron is Daron related to Daro ..? That man is one hell of a shooter, shot with him on several occasions and always been my pleasure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Well-Known Member Founding Member

Hey Bill:

I guess I was going to fast on this cell phone. Thanks

Ron Burdick

wpt likes this.
  9. wpt

Ron,
    Got cha ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ....

10. Family Guy

Family Guy Mega Poster Founding Member

Why was it down 5%? No Mississippi shooters. :(

11. Rosey

Rosey Mega Poster Founding Member

If you didn't presquad or squad very early in the week, you were stuck on 5, 6, or 7 on Sunday like my squad. We tried to squad Friday for Sunday's handicap, and it was 5, 6, or 7 or don't shoot. went back Saturday...same thing. They wouldn't open any other banks.

12. Trap Haus

Trap Haus Active Member Founding Member

Squaded Sunday morning about 11:30 and was assigned bank 2.

13. Rosey

Rosey Mega Poster Founding Member

Just you, or a full squad?

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

Full squads ain't happening. You'll have to split up if you want special openings!

15. Trap Haus

Trap Haus Active Member Founding Member

Just me.

16. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I will say Attendance/entries were down because Parents are saving money for the BIG SCTP shoot, it will be expensive to do both Venues for the families.
    They want to give their Kids A Big Shot at Trapshooting, and being Close to everything here at Cardinal Center

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant........................................Dr.longshot

17. Brent Paulus

Brent Paulus Active Member Founding Member

There were several that made the drive both Friday and Saturday to be told they only had trap 5. They turned around and went home. Maybe RJ Stuart needs to rethink his philosophy.

18. overhandicapped34

overhandicapped34 Active Member

If the shoot was using the Indiana type system (drawing for banks) then the above shooters showing late still may have only had trap 5 to choose from.

19. Brent Paulus

That wasn't the cause. But your Indiana idea of drawing for banks would sure be an improvement.

20. dr.longshot

NO It is the responsibility of the Cardinal Center Management to make that decision to get people/shooters classified and entered, RJ Stuart does not run the Cardinal Center, He RJ Stuart should be reprimanded by CC Management., this should have never happened.

Yours in Sport
    Gary Bryant......................................Dr.longshot

21. Columbus

Columbus Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Too little info to start criticizing shoot management or CC. What time did these shooters arrive at the desk to squad? Were they willing to break up their group and shoot on separate squads? Get a car load of people who show up at 11:00 and want to jump into a 200 target event and insist on squadding together.....isn't going to happen or you're going to have to take whatever is left. If you just absolutely, positively, have to shoot with your four friends then dig out $2 each and plan for it ahead of time - it's called presquadding........it works.

wpt and oleolliedawg like this.
  22. wpt

Columbus makes some very good points, I for one do not feel that the people doing the Data processing, payouts, posting of scores etc should get involved to the point where they control and are given the authority to limit the number of squads or shooters ... I have actually been on both sides of that fence and there is no good that can come out of it ... The club is selling services and targets, the people doing the cashiering have a lot to handle and co operation is always nice though not always given, so at times it is taken ... Common sense should be ones guide and let the chips fall where they may, you cannot run off shooters and expect them to not have a bad feeling in the future ... Once shooters get used to the way things are one way or the other they will adapt , but the way its done has to be consistent and not selective depending on who the shooters are ... Been there, and done that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  23. Brent Paulus

On Friday it was 9am, Saturday they came back I believe it was 9:30. I guess if it's only a couple of shooters it doesnt make that much difference. But I would be willing to take a guess that it was more than a couple.Just doesn't seem right to me though, but I'm nobody. Doc, as far as RJ not running the shoot I hope your right, but I bet he has more to do with the squading and selection of traps than most people realize. JMO I do plan on shooting the state, and I'm trying to get an entire squad together. Hope to see some of you there.

24. wpt

Brent,
    Fact is, only one shooter its makes a difference, I for one have friends all over the world that I have met because of trapshooting and we all talk all the time ... If you get "only" a few upset that's for the moment because that few turns into hundreds really fast ... There was an incident at the Arizona State Shoot a few years ago that has cost that shoot probably 25 or more shooters from 4 people being turned away for what ever reason ... I have seen with my own eyes certain people not be turned away when others would of been for the same exact reason ... I squaded with my "IDOL" (tongue in cheek) one year at a shoot, he and his wife got resquaded at no charge for re sqauding because he is considered to be a big gun, maybe so but with a little mind ... He will also stop a shoot if he don't like the way the doubles targets are set or have a member of the CHC do it ... I LOST all respect for that person that day and it will never return , matter of fact I personally think they should go and stay in Minnessota till hell freezes over ... WPT ... (YAC) ...