Brad Dysinger Throwdown 2016

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Zoltan, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Zoltan

Zoltan Active Member V I P Past OSTA President Founding Member

7/23/16 is the date for the Brad Dysinger Throwdown for 2016. The program will come out a little later as we put it together. Location Knox Sportsman's Club in Beloit, Ohio. Brad will put on a clinic free of charge at 9:00 AM for new shooters and others who want to pick up some tips.

Program will begin at 10:00 AM.

Raffle items so far. 4 man hunt at Thornbottom hunting preserve, Henry 45-70 rifle, Henry Freemason 22 cal tribute rifle with many more items to be added. I will update this thread as they become available.

Thanks to Tilden Trophies for donating 4 loving cups that will have a nameplate engraved to the winning teams.

Teams will be 5 shooters with the highest 4 scores being counted. Shooter can participate on multiple teams by paying the entry fee as many times as they want to shoot on a team.

Teams will consist of:

Shrine Temple - 3 of the 5 shooters must be shriners
    Scotttish Rite Valleys - 3 of the 5 shooters must be Scottish Rite masons
    Blue Lodge Team - 3 of the 5 shooters must be members of a Blue Lodge
    Gun Club - 3 of the 5 shooters must belong to the gun club being represented

All monies collected from this event will go to the Shriners Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio to help our special kids live their dream.

Anyone wanting to donate to this event is invited to do so, the event is sponsored by a 501c3 entity and a tax credit can and will be issued if you so desire.

Hope to see you there.

Roger Edgington

2. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Roger do you really think the old reprebate can handle another throwdown?

Dave Berlet

3. Zoltan

Dave, the last one we had Brad was the only person participating that ran the singles. He came in to get shells for the handicap and I told him he better lay down on the caps or no one would want to come back for a second year. Lots of fun was had. Sara's pies were a big hit with the shooters and brought in some good money for the Shriner's hospital in Erie PA.

4. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Roger, How do we get raffle tickets? Roger Coveleskie

5. Zoltan

Once I have all of the raffle items lined up so we can put them on the tickets I will make sure you get some. Right now I am in the process of contacting the firearms companies, reloading manufacturers and others soliciting items to be put in the silent auction. Anyone wishing to put something in the silent auction is more than welcome. Hopefully we can get some Jimmy Johns coupons from Duck Dog and some John Deere items from Alan Cope and some items from Dawson's and the Fin. This will give us a good start in the process. Dave Berlet there is food to be had at this shoot make sure you save the date.

Roger Edgington

6. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Zoltan,
    I would like to make a donation, being a Shriner I feel its only right ... If you would please PM me an address where I can mail a check I would sincerely appreciate it ... Thank you in Advance, WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

Zoltan,
    Sharon and I had a great time at the 2015 Throwdown and we will certainly be donating Jimmy John's gift cards for the 2016 Throwdown. I hope that lovely young lady that makes the pies plans on doing that again. I can't remember how much I bid to win the chocolate pie, but I remember how good it was! I thought you guys did an outstanding job with the shoot and I know next years will be bigger and better. Got the date marked on the calendar for 2016.

Don

8. Zoltan

Duck Dog, just heard from the Queen of Crust (Sara Dean) that she will be making a peach pie and her famous black bottom banana cream pie for the shoot and putting them into the silent auction. Rumor has it that the black bottom banana cream pie will fetch a big dollar this year.

Thanks for your donation of Jimmy Johns coupons for the silent to help the cause for our kids.

Roger Edgington

9. btleo1008

btleo1008 Active Member

what about a knights of Columbus team?

10. Zoltan

We welcome all trapshooters to this event. Those who are just starting to shoot will have a chance to get some free advice and tips from Brad Dysinger. With regards to your question if you bring 3 K of C shooters who are members of a gun club you are more than welcome to compete as a gun club team. There will also be events with individual winners should you not be able to get 3 shooters to make up a team. Thanks for the question and I hope to see you there.

Roger Edgington

11. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Roger how about a past president's team, even though I haven't got my hat yet. Brad

12. Don Cogan

Don Cogan Bird Hunter Past OSTA President Founding Member

I'm in for the past Pres team. I know we had at least 4 at the last shoot. With the exception of Sara, we are all old and feeble so we shouldn't be too tough to beat. I actually received my Past Pres hat (not sure what happened to Brad's, wink wink).

Don

13. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

I just hope that they don't do to the past OSTA presidents that is rummered that is done to the E C committee before they let them put their white hats on! LOL

Dave Berlet

14. monroesc

monroesc Active Member

Thanks for not putting me in the "old and feeble" category Duckdog. But I don't think you are that far ahead of me. (Besides, the next one is in 8 days)

Sara

15. Jersey Giant

Jersey Giant Active Member

Dysinger clinic and no charge?

16. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

If I can get time off from work I'll make a donation to the charity just so I can come and heckle.

17. monroesc

monroesc Active Member

Any updates on the event?