Big Pappa in hospital.

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by T Jordan, Dec 1, 2021.

1. T Jordan

T Jordan Well-Known Member V I P

He has a bunch of issues keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

2. bobski

bobski USN Retired Range Owner

will do.

T Jordan and Trapcountry like this.
  3. Trapcountry

Trapcountry Active Member

Prayers sent.

T Jordan likes this.
  4. History Seeker

History Seeker A NoBody Founding Member Official Historian

Prayers sent from Florida ~~

T Jordan likes this.
  5. 635 G

635 G Mega Poster

Ditto from Fl.

T Jordan likes this.
  6. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

Good luck in your recovery Big Papa

T Jordan likes this.
  7. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Good Luck we're thinking of you and praying for you.

T Jordan likes this.
  8. Thomas J Hood

Thomas J Hood Member

Prayers, get well soon!

T Jordan likes this.
  9. Rob 111

Rob 111 Active Member Founding Member

Prayers sent , get well soon my friend

10. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Get well soon. You are in Sandy, Dirk, and my thoughts and prayers.

Dave Berlet

T Jordan likes this.
  11. T Jordan

12. Shooter-007

Shooter-007 Well-Known Member

Prayers Sent!

T Jordan likes this.
  13. T Jordan

I talked to Judy today they moved Dick over to the Versailles Health Care Center a bit closer to his home room 41.

14. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Terry do you know what's wrong with Dick?

15. T Jordan

He had a blocked vein in his leg and it caused lots of blood clot worries.
    They put a filter in a vein near the groin. He was loosing lots of blood through the bowel
    After several tests it was a bad bleeding ulcer in his stomach they fixed that and I think he is weak from all of that. Certainly getting better but the leg is still a major issue.

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  16. BRAD DYSINGER

17. rhino43

rhino43 Member

Prayers sent to him

18. BRAD DYSINGER

I heard that Dick is in a Nursing Home and might be for a number of weeks, I don't know if that is true but I hope he is OK and can make it to the CC this summer.

Dave Berlet likes this.
  19. T Jordan

I just talked to him it is a home close to the hospital but a rehab place where he can heal up without taking up a hospital bed.
    It is just from his knee down right leg but the healing is really slow. He can only walk about 30 feet etc. He did look in here a day or so ago and appreciates your best wishes.

SES, Dave Berlet and BRAD DYSINGER like this.
  20. RednBlue

RednBlue Active Member

Prayers sent.

21. Rick in Ohio

Rick in Ohio Well-Known Member Founding Member

We took my wife’s Therapy Dog Lola over to see Dick yesterday ...he loved it ! He is in good spirits and they have him up walking now about 4 time a day he’s tells me. He pushing himself very hard to get back home. I ask him if he’s still planning to head for Florida, he told me yes but Judy may have to do the driving. He’s looking good guys plus he may have lose some Weight.

22. T Jordan

I just got off the phone with Dick he is doing much better. The Dr. says there is nothing we can do for the leg, you
    need to do lots of exercise etc. He has been doing lots of walking and did some stairs in the gym today. He went in the hospital at about 243 lbs. and is down to 203 now he says he is just skin and bones. With his leg issues losing all that weight was not planned but it is a really a big help for sure. His family has been up seeing him almost every day and seems to be in a great mood. Being in a hospital at Christmas is really stressful for sure. I think most of the big stress is behind him and he is hoping to get out maybe about Jan.10th. or earlier. He said several shooters have called him and he appreciates the calls and comments on here.

BRAD DYSINGER and cwtech like this.
  23. Tom in PA

Tom in PA Active Member

Very good news, indeed. Glad to hear things are going well. May Christmas bring him the gift of health! Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery:)

T Jordan likes this.
  24. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Mega Poster Forum Leader

Get well soon and don't forget to work on your arm muscles also.

T Jordan likes this.
  25. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Forum Reporter Founding Member Forum Reporter

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE. i have not had to strength etc to be able to update this post. Thank you my great friend Terry Jordan for sharing some of the information about my condition. I would never thought the day b4 Thanksgiving that I would be spending Christmas Eve or Christmas day in a rehab building. It just shows in a mater of a few minutes how your entire life can change. I am guessing many of you are wondering what has happened. I developed a blood clot in my right leg. They run an Ultra sound to day after Thanksgiving. Immediately admitted to the hospital. Gave me a light amount of a blood thinner. I shortly after that had a bowel movement. It contained a lot of fresh/raw blood. That required an emergency upper Gi scope. They found an open bleeding ulcer requiring immediate repair. While this procedure was being performed, my heart went info afib. When I woke up, I had four doctors and four nurses all working on me. Eight IV jugs hanging on me. They gave me 8 pints of blood and two pints of iron. Was a couple really rough days. On Monday evening I was moved to a rehab place. I have never been in so much pain in my life. Any how the PT group and doctors all started working on me. I was not even permitted out of bed for a week. Then I was permitted to move to a chair in my room. Three doctors told me there was no med's or medical procedures to help. PT and my own body was going to be required to solve the problem. PT and walking was the only solution. So, last friday, I was helped out of bed and with help and a walker I walked about a hundred steps. Every day I keep pushing myself to walk more. Yesterday I was able to walk up and down a few steps. Major improvement. Today the PT manager came to my room and GAVE ME PERMISSION to walk without someone hanging on to me. Another major accomplishment. So, I am hoping to continue to improve every day. I might even be able to go home in early January. Got the home health and physical therapy all setup. Not sure what to expect. All I can say is thank the dear lord for your good health because it can change in a couple minutes. Pray for good health and your friends. I have got numerous text messages, cards, phone calls, visitors which is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the friends. MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.

jamesbalog, KB1776, T Jordan and 3 others like this.
  26. Rob 111

Rob 111 Active Member Founding Member

Praying for you my friend, you body Will heal it self, see you soon

27. BRAD DYSINGER

Good to hear from you on here Dick. Follow the Dr's orders and I'll see you this summer at a Cardinal Shoot.

28. Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker

Past OSTA President Tim Hunsaker Moderator Forum Reporter Forum Leader

Take care of yourself, Dick, and listen to your Doctors. Look forward to seeing you this Summer.

29. LimaShooter50

LimaShooter50 Mega Poster Founding Member

Hang in there BIG PAPA.

eurojoe likes this.
  30. BIG PAPA

Had another great day today. My daughter came over this morning and said it is very nice outside. Grab your coat, we are going for a walk. I need to get the "stink" blowed off of you. It sure felt good to see what it looked like out side and the smell of fresh air.

31. Max Trap

Max Trap Well-Known Member Founding Member

Always glad to hear of victories Big Papa
    Keep after it

BRAD DYSINGER likes this.
  32. BIG PAPA

Well I got the big one today. They sent me home. I have a lot of thing that I will need to work on with the therapy group. But, I am determined to meet and exceed all of those challenges. Thanks for all the phone calls, test messages, cards and prayers. Keep those prayers going for a speedy and good recovery for the rest of my rehab.

cl3, BRAD DYSINGER and T Jordan like this.
  33. Tom in PA

Tom in PA Active Member

Great news!! Enjoy New Years with the family and keep the nose to the grindstone on that therapy!

34. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet State HOF Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Hope to see you Sat. Jan 1 with sausage sandwich in hand.

Dave Berlet

35. Turbine

Turbine Active Member Past State President

Dick, keep getting better so your friends in Michigan can see you in 2022!
    Happy New Year.