Best Target Throwing Machine?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Springer4Grouse, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Question for those in the know.

Assuming you had your choice of trap machines which would you buy? I have heard a lot of talk about the PAT's but not much about others.

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Moderator

At our state shoot I was chatting with a few out of state shooters about traps. They were in the process of replacing 4 traps at their club. They told me they were getting the new MEC traps installed.

PAT traps are good if not stymied by a low target speed limit. More problem throwing doubles at higher speeds though as they want to fly a tad wider when speed is added. Singles and caps aren't a problem at all from what I've seen.

HAP

3. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

Looking at Mec's website I don't think they throw doubles, or do they have other machines?

4. jhunts

jhunts Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Rumor has it the 500 series throws doubles.

Shoot well.

John

5. Ljutic41

Ljutic41 Member Founding Member

Beware

Never be on the leading edge of technology. Buy something that is proven to work, don't listen to promise of how this is the latest and greatest. Want to buy a model 400, 500 and 600 Beomat, we have them and can't get any replacement parts?

6. Roger Coveleskie

Roger Coveleskie State HOF Founding Member Member State Hall of Fame

Have you tried QRP in Ohio 1-800 742 0425 Most GMV parts will work on a Beomat.

7. Ljutic41

I have been trying to get a couple of replacement arms from them for 6 months with no luck, Always told they should be in within a couple of weeks.

8. Roger Coveleskie

Maybe I should go back into the trap parts replacement business. Did you try Rod Shyda? You can google him at Lincoln traps.

9. Ljutic41

Thank you I will try him

10. THEUNLOADER

THEUNLOADER Mega Poster Founding Member

ROGER was the "BEST" in the Trap Machine Business~~~I bought from him for several years~~~Parts and Machines !!!~~~With him and his lovely wife "BARB"~~~Never a glitch !!!~~~~Thanks again Roger !!~~Gary Bulley~~

11. Roger Coveleskie

Springer for Grouse,
    GMV Superstar .com web site try there for parts . It seems you can order factory direct.
    I just may go back in the parts business, but only for high use and hard to make parts.

12. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

When the Old Phoenix club was still up and running Roger C. put a GMV (?) in one of the most used trap houses on the grounds to more or less run a test for reliabilty and durabilty ... He could probably tell you the over all results but the number of targets that came off of that machine was rediculous without a break down or malfunction much to everyones surprise ... Roger knows that machines inside out and backward and forward from what I have personally witnessed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Trap 2

Trap 2 Well-Known Member Founding Member

Of all the automatic traps I have ever shot over, or worked on, in my 35 plus years shooting this sport, (and there have been many) the one that stands head and shoulders above the rest is the GMV Super Star. The previous club I was involved with liked them so well, we installed 4 of them. Absolutely the best investment we ever made, and they throw excellent targets. Best doubles trap on the market, in my opinion....

Hap MecTweaks likes this.
  14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Mega Poster Founding Member

I'm on Roger's side on this one. Many would disagree including the major ATA powers!

15. oldphart

oldphart Mega Poster Founding Member

The problem is that the GMV's are so reliable that most clubs that have them don't do anything but load targets onto the machine. As we all know a little preventive maintenance goes a long way to the longevity of any mechanical equipment. This lack of maintenance sometimes give equipment a bad name through no fault of the equipment