ATA Copter Fly Over

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Smithy, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Smithy

Smithy Mega Poster Founding Member

A nuisance helicopter was seen circling the Cardinal Center Home grounds this morning. Heard a fellow say Taylor was on the property and also that the ATA was doing a flyover to see if the center could handle the huge crowds.

If the there is less than 20,000 walking around I would not see any problems but who the heck pays for the darn ATA helo flyovers?

Another reason for our fees to go up.

wpt likes this.
  2. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

The ATA better talk to those who are involved (management) and see if they would even bother with them (ATA), they may just assume (ASS U ME ) that they would ... The ATA can't draw a crowd but the Cardinal Center sure can, whats wrong with that picture ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  3. wpt

I don't know that I would sent out the programs to the printer until the ATA gets some input from the folks at Cardinal Center if they want to see what the attendance would be like close to civilization ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

dr.longshot likes this.
  4. BRAD DYSINGER

BRAD DYSINGER The Philosophist Founding Member Member Trapshooting Hall of Fame Member State Hall of Fame

Couldn't been a copter piloted by an EC member, it would have crashed and burned. Would say that this would be a good time for a graph right about now. Brad

5. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

So there will be more shoot this weekend, than there were last weekend?

6. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

I hope you all have your tinfoil hats on - this could be serious!

N1H1

7. leftout

leftout Well-Known Member Founding Member

They better keep flying. CC having problems running 3 events today and you're talking the Grand.

Lefty

Leonidas likes this.
  8. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

Is the Olympic Trap running this week?

Any side events using it?

I wonder why Sparta never built an Olympic range?

9. wpt

The folks at Cardinal Center probably anitcipated something of this nature and created a problem in getting the 3 events done in a timely manner one day just to eliminate the ATA humping their leg to host the grand there in the future ... This is all part of the "Fantastic Direction" movement being worked on in Sparta, at the WSRC while the budget hearings are going over all of the final numbers that do not present much of a case in favor of future funding ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

ATA Helicopter is down, It could not take a load of 1 1/8th Oz #6s at 1550fps NWs Copter is down, no more confidential information is being given to the ATA on CC attendance, It was not Black it was Camoflage in color, Camera was confiscated and Copter was put in the Trash Bin, the #6s tore hell out of it, penetrated the receiver Board, Broke 2 of the Props & Lost Control it almost hit a OSP Cruiser on I-71, but it cleared the fence and crashed into the rear of the parking lot of the Adult Store on Route 61 just south of I-71

GB DLS

wpt likes this.
  11. N1H1

N1H1 Mega Poster Founding Member

Glad it missed the adult bookstore; a direct hit would have severely affected shoot attendance as well as put an end to FG's fine reports. I'll warn my crew to avoid "Official ATS cultural treasures" in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience.

N1H1

Leonidas likes this.
  12. Dr Short shot

Dr Short shot I Luv Sparta

Longshot I dont think that was a Adult Store. Looked to me Like a Sasuage Stand.

13. Dr Short shot

Talk about a Nuisance that might have been wpt flying over to give us his latest load of Crap.

14. Flyersarebest

Flyersarebest Moderator Founding Member Forum Leader

Dr. Shortshot, glad to have you on here. Welcome! Post often, we like new members logging on. Boosts the member numbers.

15. Dr Short shot

Thank You.

16. Flyersarebest

And remember, one mans crap is another mans graph.

smoking357 likes this.
  17. Flyersarebest

Your "CREW"?

Now THAT'S funny. I don't care what anybody says.

wpt and jhunts like this.
  18. Leonidas

Leonidas Mega Poster Founding Member

N!H!,

My apologies, it's my fault they shot down the chopper. I flushed the crapper as we flew over some of these guys and I supposed it made them mad enough to shoot us down.

19. smoking357

smoking357 Mega Poster

I got a huge laugh out of that.

20. Flyersarebest

Oh boy, maybe the thing wasn't really shot down after all.

First, most of those guys are probably used to being "crapped" on by the ATA.

Second, and this is only a guess Leonidas, but when you and the other "CREW" members boarded the ATA chopper, the pilot didn't bother to mention what the thing ran on did he?

When you "flushed the crapper" you accidently dumped all of the fuel.

Flyersarebest

wpt, dr.longshot and Michael McGee like this.
  21. duffkjs06

duffkjs06 Mega Poster

So only 786 in the caps? But being in Ohio and all, with the added money, each shooter walked away with $2k each?