Any news on doc Longshot?

Discussion in 'Trapshooting Forum - Americantrapshooter.com' started by Clipperite, May 24, 2021.

1. Clipperite

Clipperite Active Member

I think he was supposed to have eye surgery a few days ago?

2. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I had my Cataracht surgery MAY 18TH, it went fantastic, wet in at 8:00am- Out 9:30 had long range lenses no charge, I never felt anything all is perfect, my Dr. Julie Lew, fantastic surgeon, only the best, no complaints, still using eye drops 4 times a day , tomarrow will be a full week from last Tuesday, Used Knife no laser her actual time was 10 minutes, was awake for everything, noticed nothing. Highly reccomend no wait, especially if diabetic, she was amazed of my eye condition being a diabetic, as i control diabetis closely, 80-120 is my goal. She only uses distance lenses.

My computer has been down HP spent 18 hours and could not fix it. I did it myself. good so far

GB..........................................DLS

trapshooter47 and Ken Cerney like this.
  3. dr.longshot

dr.longshot Grudge Match Champion Founding Member Forum Leader Grudge Match Champion

I just left my Eye Dr Julie Lew and she stopped 3 eye drops and continued the other eye drops to twice a day until gone my next Appt. is June 9th in 2 weeks for further checking, everything is going good, no eye glasses needed until check on June 9th 2021, fantastic surgeon, cannot do any better, no extra charges for long distance Lenses, that is a fabricated charges by PRICE GOUGING Drs.

I would find another legitimate EYE DOCTOR, my suggestion, report him to the State Medical board.

GB...............................................DLS

4. dr.longshot

Eye surgery today is not like it was over 40-50 years ago, even w/o Laser surgery, Eye Dr. used new style of instruments, she made 2 incisions in my eye attached my original lens broke it up, suctioned it out in pieces, and slid in my new lens that was measured during examination, and slid it right in place, what she did after that I do not know, I never saw any instruments at any time even though I was awake and saw everything the actual surgery was 10 minutes according to my Doctor, went in at 8:00 am and out at 9:30am this included recovery time for anesthetic to wear off, clear plastic cover over taped on over my right eye, eye drops 4 times a day and with 5 types of drops 3 minutes apart. The Dr. described the arrow shaped knife like a concrete mason's trowel. My fear of eye surgery was nothing to fear no PAIN AT ALL, During or after, even days later. Do not delay especially if you are a diabetic, keep your blood sugar 80-120.

GB.......................................DLS

5. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

If your Doctor told you there is only one type of lenses she is the one telling a lie or out of touch, there are so many different lenses and types it is ridiculous ... My wife has variable (up graded lenses) lenses which I was advised against and told to get readers instead, by my Doctor who has done many , many thousands of procedures over more than 30 years in the business ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  6. wpt

wpt Forum Leader Founding Member Forum Leader

Cataract lenses: which one is best for you?
    One of the many positive aspects of cataract eye surgery and lens replacement is that the results are permanent – you will only need to have it done once. But this also highlights the need for you to carefully consider your options before going ahead with surgery.

Due to advancements in ophthalmic surgery techniques and the technology used to design intraocular lenses (IOL) – the artificial lenses that are implanted during cataract eye surgery – you can now choose to have a powerful artificial lens that can dramatically improve your vision, inserted into your eye at the same time as having your cataracts treated.

Once upon a time this wasn’t possible because there was only one type of lens used in cataract surgery, which meant that although patients no longer suffered from cataracts after surgery, their vision was no better than it was before developing cataracts. And most still needed to wear heavy prescription glasses or contact lenses.

There are now numerous different types of cataract lenses available, and the decision about which ones to go for should be based on what’s most important to you, and how much better you would like your vision to be after surgery.

If you’re considering having cataract eye surgery, we recommend that you book in for a free consultation with one of our leading eye surgeons. Our surgeons will use the knowledge they’ve gained from performing thousands of lens replacement operations to advise you on the best cataract lenses to suit your lifestyle, and correct your vision problems.

Before attending your consultation, however, it’s advisable to research your options and have an idea in your mind about how you would like your vision to be after surgery. And that’s where this handy guide comes in.

Lenses for Cataract Surgery
    Standard lens (monofocal)

This type of lens replacement will let you see very clearly, but only at one distance. So if you choose to have a lens to improve your vision to help with short-sightedness, you may still need to wear glasses to see clearly at a distance, and vice versa.

There are three different distances, and the one that you want to improve will depend on what you do on a daily basis.

• Long distance – if you drive for a living, then improving your long distance vision could help immensely. This could also be a good choice if you like to watch a lot of television, or if you are a keen golf player.

• Middle distance – this type of distance is similar to the distance that you would view a computer screen from. If you work in an office job, and have to spend a large portion of your day looking at a screen, you may well benefit from improving your middle distance vision. You may have noticed in the past that you suffer from headaches at the end of a long working day, and if this is the case for you then improving this vision could decrease the number of headaches you have.

• Short distance – if you like to read a lot, then improving your short distance vision could be a good option for you. This may be beneficial if you spend a lot of time reading paper documents for work.
    Toric lens
    If you have astigmatism, this type of lens replacement will improve your vision at one specific distance. You may find that astigmatism blurs your vision slightly, so choosing to have this issue fixed with a toric lens could be beneficial to you.

Multifocal lens
    A multifocal lens replacement will help to improve your vision at a number of different distances, and could be helpful if you are constantly switching distances during the day.

For example, if you need to switch from making notes on paper in front of you, to looking at your screen, then on to looking at a presentation at the front of the room, you will want to be able to do so without having to change your glasses each time.

Monovision
    If you don’t like the thought of using a multifocal lens, you could opt for monovision. This is where a single vision lens for one distance is implanted into one eye, and a lens for a different distance is implanted into another, correcting problems with long-sightedness and short-sightedness. This means that you should be able to see both far and near, without having to get used to the differing focus of a multifocal lens.

Choosing the right cataract lenses
    If you’re still unsure about which lenses to choose, it may help to keep a note of everything you do during the day, including the number of times you need to change your glasses. This should give you an idea of the activities that are problematic for you, so when you meet with your consultant, you’ll have lots of useful information to help guide your decision.

Whichever lens you choose, cataract eye surgery combined with lens replacement can be life changing. The operation is quick and painless. And the results are almost immediate.

WPT ... (YAC) ...

You might want to report your Doctor DLS, as you suggested above ... She is full of BS as I said before ... Might want to print this off and show her so she knows she is outdated also ... Please let us know how that goes ...

Last edited: May 27, 2021